Reddy012

Jul 4, 2007
I just got an 04 Kawasaki Kx 125 with and FMF gold series fatty pipe. It also has a new top end on it, wat do u guys think, anything i should do to it?

160819.jpg

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
Check the compression to be sure that it is good even though its a "new" top end. Run the best pre-mix oil you can afford. Be sure your jetting is dead on. Do some plug tests to see how it seems.

Another big thing people tend to forget about is spokes. Go over them well make sure none are bent/loose at all.

Other than that, and the commons like adjusting the bars, levers, shifter to best fit you, adjusting sag/preload, and clicks, your good to go.

chrisp80

Jun 5, 2008
Sweet bike! I would change all the fluids so you know when they were done. Then make sure the suspension is set for your height and riding style.

Have a blast!

Reddy012

Jul 4, 2007
HEy guyys just took it out for its real first ride, spent about 4 hours on it in some pretty rough trails and i'm pretty pleased with it, one question though i think my mix may be a little to rich because of te oil comin out of the muffler i've been running 8 ounces of oil to every 2 gallons, is that bad or is it just what i should expect from a 2 stroke

destructo

Feb 24, 2006
I would clean and re-oil the air filter after each weekends ride, and change the gear box oil about every 2 weekends with a good quality 10w 40 or 50, I have an 03 and love it, super fun bike and surprisingly quick! You got a really good deal on that bike, if it would have been local for me at 15 hun, it would be sitting next to the 03 in my garage! Heres a pic of mine.....

Picture296.jpg

Top Bottom