PIGDOG

Mar 5, 2008
Well my 6 year old son now rides a jr 50. He's been riding about a year and we mostly ride logging roads and easy trails. I put him in riding school at the new local track and he ended up in a race a few days later in the 50 class. All the other kids were on KTM's and one on a cobra. I'm sure you can imagine how that worked out. I've been taking him to the track to practice about once a week and we still go ride the backroads about once evey three weeks. He really wants to race but he does love going on family rides in the bush. He is almost ready for a bigger better bike.

My question is are the race bikes any good on the trail? I'm kind of getting the idea race 50's need constant maintenance which I'm fine with but we will continue to trail ride even if he races. There is an almost new Cobra for sale here that I can barely afford so he won't have 2 bikes. Can he trail ride this? Would a KTM be better for both? or am I S.O.L. and he needs a trail and or race bike?

Thanks for reading

PIGDOG

Mar 5, 2008
ya I'm not concerned about the power. I figure if he can handle it on a track he can handle it anywhere. I'm more thinking about the durability and fuel capacity or whatever else could come it to play.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom