runsurfdirt

Nov 30, 2003
I have heard that Polaris has dirt bikes. I was wonderin if they realy do? When I bought my first quad from them there were no dirt bikes in sight or even spoken of. It is not even shown on there web site, but they also showed a couple of their dirt bikes on T.V. Do they realy have dirt bikes??

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
They have ATV's and a street cruiser

Kevin

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Didn't Polaris buy the Cannondalre Motorsports Division?

jski

Sponsoring Member
Apr 5, 2001
ATK here in Utah bought all of the leftovers from Cannondale and is in the process of building the ATV's but not the bikes.

jschner

Jan 3, 2002
jski said:
ATK here in Utah bought all of the leftovers from Cannondale and is in the process of building the ATV's but not the bikes.

Actually ATK only bought the 11 million worth of parts Cannondale had left over. They plan on buying back new bikes that dealers have left over, fixing the bugs, adding a 450 kit and carb on the bike and then resell it. They plan on doing this for motorcycle ans ATVs. http://www.atkusa.com/bikes/specials/index.asp

As for the intellectual stuff, a Taiwan based company bought the plans and names of the bikes. They plan on making ATV's first and changing the manufacturing on them so they cost less to produce. They said they would have an ATV at the Indy Show.

Now your all up to speed.

Jim
www.cannondaler.com

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom