MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I had planned for a long time to get a new KTM late summer after really liking my 2002 KTM 250. It's been the best bike I've owned, and actually continues to be. But with the impending transplant surgery, which now looks like September or October, and the high bills and salary downtime I may face , a new bike isn't a good idea. (right now my insurance company says they won't cover it, calling it experimental surgery - geez, they've been doing liver transplants since the 80's, what's experimental??? I'm fighting this and expect to win, but it's just another pile of work on top of daily living with cancer). So, I'll be selling my KTM.

Asrith, if you're checking this site, email me back, I lost your email address. I know you were interested at one point.

I'm modifying the 2003 CR250 I got for Andy, putting a flywheel, Gnarly pipe and larger tank on it, tapping into the future proceeds from the KTM sale. I figured the CR250 would NOT sell, since most dealerships still have 2003 and 2004 CR's on their dealer floor. Besides, I've been very impressed at how this bike handles, it just needs some engine tempering for the woods - a little more grunt, a lot less mid-range rush.

I'm keeping my KTM until after the 6 days since it's street legal and the CR won't be. After that I'll find it a new home.

I'll get a thrill out of kitting this thing up for the woods, and hope it provides some entertainment during my long downtime I'll be having after surgery.For me, working on bikes is as much fun as riding them.

So, I'm not giving up on orange and black at all! When I get back on my feet financially and physically, I'll be back in salivating over those KTM's.

In the meantime, I'm still able to ride!!! That's the coolest thing of all!!!! :yeehaw:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
My brother-in-law brought his sons broken moped over for me to repair. The Honda shop had quoted him over $1000 for a complete motor take down (it was locked up) and he could NO WAY afford it. I pulled the plug and found out it was hydrolocked - the oil pump had let the oil from the injecter tank bleed into the crankcase. I told him I could fix it for a ride on it - he smiled and said DO IT! drained the gas, flipped it over and pumped the oil out of the crankcase thru the plug hole (did this MANY times after a swim with one of my bikes).
After watching me ride the moped down my gravel road on the rear wheel, my brother in law commented that Ihad the same look on my face from riding that moped as I did riding one of my dirtbikes. He said "you really have a passion for this dont you". Yep, I do!
Moral of the story Mark:
Its not what we ride its THAT WE RIDE!! Have a riot setting up that CR (if I can be of any help let me know). I know you are going to miss your Katoom but yea, those CR's are a BLAST if set up correctly and you are just the guy to do that!!
If I hear of anyone looking for a first class KTM I will pass the word!!
Best of wishes on your fight with the insurance company - all this paper work on top of facing medical concern is TIRING!!
Your Friend
Woodsy

Top Bottom