New bikes!!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Well Phil and I finally decided to purchase two new bikes. He quit working at the Yamaha dealer here in town, so we decided to buy them before he lost his employee discount :) Plus Yamaha has $500 off the 125 and $300 off the 250, so we bit the bullet and went for it!
We spent a good majority of the weekend greasing the linkage, steering stems, and installing lighter springs and shock in my bike. Now we just need to break them in before we race on the 15th!

Now we need new DRN fender stickers!

Attachments

• YZs.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 233
  • YZ2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 231

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
You better get some action shots on those new bikes on the 15th!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Congrats! Nice photos.... his and hers smokers. Have fun with them! :cool:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Nice rides, looks like they are beging too be ridden :ride: Like your license plate in the background too :)

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
Nice bikes! Congrats. Do you mind if I ask why 2 strokes? Do you think they will be competitive?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Thanks everyone!
We stuck with them because as long as they still make them, we will ride them. Plus the cash back they had on the 2 strokes...and we race the C class. C class is all about keeping the rubber side down and skill. Last year, I didn't do too bad in the C class being one of the only two strokes.
I myself still haven't really learned how to ride a 125 the way it is meant to be ridden. So we decided it's best for me to stay on the 125 a little longer. Phil has wanted a 250 two smoke since we met..so I wasn't going to let him get anything else.
They will be stock for a little while longer. The only thing we have done is put DID ERT chains on them and Renthal grips on mine. I have had them since Christmas and this was the perfect excuse to use them!
When it comes time to rebuild the 125, we'll probably go with an Eric Gorr 144 :nod:

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
MXGirl230 said:
When it comes time to rebuild the 125, we'll probably go with an Eric Gorr 144 :nod:

Nice! Get it worn out quick! You'll love the 144 . . . :aj:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I just started thinking that the handlebars will be the first to go...I bend Renthals too easy! I think those will be oversized (hopefully) by my birthday in June! :laugh:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Very nice, I'm jealous :nod:
Do those come in green ;)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
New bikes! :yeehaw:

:cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
they still make two strokes?

enjoy :)

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Congrats & enjoy. I remember when my bike was brand new. :cool: I spent a lot of time in the garage just looking at it and sitting on it. It was great. The worst thing about buying a brand new bike it the first crash! Nothing worse than the first few scratches and dents. :(

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Thanks again everyone! We are really looking forward to riding them AND racing them in a couple of weeks!! Looks like we are headed up to Phil's dad's house this weekend to break them in on Sat. and then Sun. hit the trails with my little brother. We bought PC spark arrestors already...
I'm really not looking forward to the "first" crash on it...my CR I didn't really care so much anymore...but this is different lol! I'm sure I'll get over it after the first time down.

We'll take some pics and I'll have to remember to post them. Hopefully our buddies track will be rideable..it's a very small sandy track, but enough to get a little air and have fun.

Last edited:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Well we had our first race...Phil did awesome I was sick most of the day...first race of the year jitters...The entire day sucked for me...anyway...We have a few pictures. Phil and my classes ended up together, so we couldn't take pics. Phil's brother was in charge of the camera, but has never used our digital Fuji and messed with the settings...Next race on the 29th, so hopefully we'll have better ones then.
First one courtesy of michiganmotox.com (Thanks John)
Heading out to the line...probably getting pep talk from Phil. The bike is kinda on a hill, I'm not as short as it makes me look. I'm short, just not THAT short :nener:
Kind of a cool shot...YZs on the line...#230 and #130. We had been waiting there for close to half an hour. The tractor and water tank got STUCK in the track...like right IN the track. So we had to wait for them to get the tractor and water tank out of the way.

Attachments

• IMG_1801.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 75
  • tyz.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 80
  • yzsonline.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 77

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Wow! Awesome rides! Enjoy them tons!

I remember last summer when I got my new TTR, my first crash on it was down at Paragon in the rocks, I was very upset!

Now it's covered in scratches and the tank graphics are shot from my Asterisk's! But it's still my bike and I love it!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I just realized that you can kinda see in the one pic, of me next to the bike, that I wasn't feeling well...

We do need to get those first crashes out of the way...I fell over twice, but no harm to the bike. Well actually speaking of Asterisks, my EBI knee braces scratched the heck out of the graphics on the right side...oh well...I really do love that bike, it is SO smooth! I can't wait to ride it when track conditions are better.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Redneck riding

I was finally looking at the pics from the official "break in day" and found this one...like my gear? I know better too...at least I had a helmet on!

The tractor Phil's dad surprised us with. Just something to mess around with and try to build a few jumps...well once we get clay. His new place is nothing but SAND. Phil built one take off and it was destroyed after one jump with the 250.

Attachments

• T.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 58
  • T2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Tractor.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 60
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…