bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Hey Okie:

have all the avatars been fixed yet? mine seems to be still broke, not a big deal, and not nagging, its just that it did take me years of a$$ kissing to get that so it would be a shame if it got lost in the move :joke:

also, what are them 6 little squares all about??? i think i have 3 boxes lit.

thanks!

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
:yeehaw: Oh wait!!! Never mind... the Gradn BooBah fixed mine... Thank you big brother!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Like Dave said, we are fixing them as we find the images... some are perm. lost however. Do you have a copy of your avatar? If so, let me know.

B

biglou

Isn't there a way to "go back in time" on the internet and view things from days gone by? Could the missing avatars be snagged from that? Seems like I remember seeing threads with links to DRN from way back...

B

biglou

Never mind. Just found it. Couldn't find an archived page with the avatar. Just archived main pages.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I know that in the past I have saved threads (1 page at a time) to my hard drive....I'll look to see what I might have on the home computer. Unfortunately I just wiped out my old laptop where i think most of it was. I'd be money someone out there has the avatars and doesn't realize it.

Maybe if we had a list of missing avatars the people who have saved pages could browse around their machines for them.

Last edited:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Look in the cache folder(s) on your hard drive that the brower uses. I'd bet someone has it stored there.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I thought of that too Smit but most everyone has been clearing cookies, deleting temp files etc...worth a shot still.

I'm betting money a lot of folks have saved threads.

It looks like the custom avatars have names like "avatar16119_3.gif". Maybe folks can just search their hard drives for (avatar*.gif)

WOOHOO Kiwi just found Bruce's and Randy's... Chatters are on the job!

Last edited:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I have 45 avatars in the internet temp cache on my home PC. Haven't checked the other 2 machines yet.

Who's missing one?

Top Bottom