Apr 30, 2007
:)

For christmas..I received an "IOU" for a new pair of motocross boots...

After the struggle and all around poor deal with the Thor Quadrants (luckily I only paid 25 bucks for them brand new)...I decided that it would be best to go with the same brand that was working for me so far.

Alpinestars!

To understand this situation completely, I'll start at the beginning of the story. I had been using a pair of normal work boots that covered my ankle, and thought that to be sufficient protection when I first got my CR80.

With a little experience, my dad and I decided to take it to an actual track where I could get some better experience during a practice session...I crashed twice.

1 - My first try at a section of large whoops...I grabbed too large of a handful of throttle...and flopped several times before going off the track...The bike and I landed on my side, with the footpeg barely hitting (and tearing the leather) on the top part of my boot. Any higher and it would have gone through my ankle.

2 - Being young and invincible, I shook it off, and continued to go around the track even though my ankle was really not feeling so nice. I flung myself at a tabletop, and held the throttle on too long and too hard...and came off the back. I landed on my feet, taking most of the fall on the toes of the foot that had taken the impact of my footpeg.

I finished my lap...and didn't go for another one. After we loaded up, and my adrenaline wore off, I *REALLY* began hurting. My entire ankle turned some pretty ugly colors where the footpeg had hit...and I was left with a heavy limp for two weeks due to the fact that I couldn't put much weight on the ball of my foot.

After calling around some, the dad and I picked up a pair of (very) used boots. They were a size too big, but did the trick for the most part...After a few years passed, and I moved out, I decided to seriously race...

We picked up some closeout thor quadrants...and after some practice and a dozen adjustments of my shift lever...I took them off and left them in the back of the car because I couldn't feel anything in them, nor could I shift.

Went the rest of the season with my 2nd-hand alpine stars...

(Intermission...someone brought me a huge piece of cake!!! :nener: )

...even though I was rather worried about them being too well broken in. All in all though, I had a lucky season and didn't damage anything except for my ego when I tripped over them a few times when walking the track.

I finally did some checking around, and put some Alpinestars Tech 4s on my Christmas list (in the correct size), as they seem to be the same model as the pair I had...along with peanutbutter m&ms... :)

Christmas came around, and there were no boot sized boxes...but in the last one I opened, was an note that said they were supposed to be here already...

MX South called with apologies...and we soon found out why. They sent some blue tech 8s in a size 9. Not what we ordered. They apologized and said they'd put the correct ones in the mail as soon as they got the tracking number to ensure that we were sending the blue ones back.

Finally...they are here!!!

Alpinestars Tech 4s in black in my size (6)!! They fit perfectly!!! Now I'm sitting here working at the school...with them on...and I don't plan on taking them off unless I have to!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
justalonewolf007 said:
:)

They fit perfectly!!! Now I'm sitting here working at the school...with them on...and I don't plan on taking them off unless I have to!
It is tough on the sheets when you sleep in them You are better off (at least while new and still smelling "new" :whoa: ) putting them under your pillow at night :)

Apr 30, 2007
Indeed...my martial arts instructor wouldn't let me train with them on... :whoa: I wonder why..

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Awesome! Glad you finally got the boots that you like!

I hope they bring you a great season! Enjoy!

Top Bottom