jrf4x4

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2008
Has anyone rode the new can-am spyder, i went by the local dealer today and they said i could ride it, just have to watch a video and sign a release form, gonna go ride it next week one morning.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
thats the three wheeled thing right? I'm not a big fan of it. I cant say much cause i havent rode it but i dont really like the looks of it.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
My wife has been kicking around the idea of one for comuting to work. She really isn't comfortable with a 2 wheel (altho she has ridden a MX bike in the past) and had said she wanted one with an automatic. She was thinking about going for a test ride herself in the next couple weeks.

digifox

May 25, 2006
The concept of them are pretty cool.
But they are ugly as hell (look like a Snowmobile with wheels)

They are Massive to!!

Cool but i wouldn't ride one

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The single riders I have seen ride these things, they corner like a 3 wheeler or snowmobile. What happens to the passenger? I have heard there are a lot of these for sale, used. I would like to put some knobbies on it and see what its got!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
There was one at my store a few weeks back. I watched the guy pull away and turn onto the main street. It looked very awkward to turn. He seemed to be struggling and looked weird doing it. Didn't look like a natural turning motion at all.

Last week I saw one with 2 people on it...good thing the passenger was a kid. Looked very cramped and the Dad or whatever wasn't all that big.

I also think they are ugly and they do look like a snowmobile on wheels.

kschilk

Jul 9, 2008
I'd never even heard of them but after seeing one while I was out riding, I looked it up on the net. Kinda' freaked me out, when I first saw it...looked like a giant catfish had swallowed a baby carriage! :whoa: I wonder if there's a mower-deck option?

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
MXGirl230 said:
I also think they are ugly and they do look like a snowmobile on wheels.

In my opinion they aren't as ugly as they are just plain WRONG looking. My aunt recently bought one of them and she is in love with it. I haven't ridden it, but I sat on it and it felt just like my snowmobile, only cushier. So, of you like a big chunky snowmobile feeling in your streetbike, than you will love this.

Top Bottom