Lonewolf039

Jun 27, 2004
Hi all. Nice forum. I've been riding for quite a while, though i've never competed. We just ride for fun over here. I ride a '97 CR 500 and also an '87 CR 250 that need some TLC. I mostly ride in the woods and sand, doing hill climbs and deer trails. I live on the edge of Crown land, so I can ride off my doorstep for as long as I have gas. I've owned an '84 XR 80, a 82 XR 200R, a '81 and '82 YZ 125, a '86 XR 250R and then the '87 CR 250, which was an awsome bike that kept going, and going, and going... I picked up the CR 500 two years ago from a buddy for a good deal and had planned on selling it, but the bike was just too much fun. All that power more than made up for the slight loss of agility. Old hills that were a challenge were suddenly easy as twisting the throttle. This bike will go over anything. Needless to say I decided too keep it. It now has an FMF Gnarly pipe and silencer, as the stock pipe was destroyed by a tree in a high speed getoff. I have an assortment of guards on the bike, but the rest is pretty much stock. Just lots of maintenance parts. :)

Later.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Welcome, where from BC are you? Im in Kelowna. Check out the Canada Day ride thread in the places to ride forum. Come out and ride with us!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Lonewolf ... You are just in time. You really need to check out the Canada Ride 2004. I would be there myself if work hadn't been so slow the first half of the year. No spare $$$ for the trip. :(

Oh ... Welcome to the site !!! :cool:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Lonewolf glad you found us, we got a great group of DRN'ers from BC! :aj:

Like the others have said the Canada ride is coming up soon!! I just rode with Pinball and Kokanee, also from the kelowna area :cool: so I don't think I'll be able to make it :(

Lonewolf039

Jun 27, 2004
Thanks all. I live in Rock Creek, just south of Kelowna. Unfortunatly I am in Houston, Texas for the next 3 weeks so I'm gonna miss the Canada Ride :( I'm missing the best riding of the year right now. I love to ride before full summer when there is traction and not soo much dust, though I do ride just about year round.

Later.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Welcome to DRN!! We can always use more Canadians in here. :cool: I'm sure there will plenty of group rides this summer. I'm sure the Washington crew will have an organized ride sometime this summer, if you're willing to head over the border.

Lonewolf039

Jun 27, 2004
Cool, I'll watch for the Washington events. I'm also considering going down to the Oregon Sand Dunes sometime. I went 4x4ing there this spring and was wishing I'd brought my bike, but had no room. :debil:

Later.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Lonewolf039 said:
Thanks all. I live in Rock Creek, just south of Kelowna. Unfortunatly I am in Houston, Texas for the next 3 weeks so I'm gonna miss the Canada Ride :( I'm missing the best riding of the year right now. I love to ride before full summer when there is traction and not soo much dust, though I do ride just about year round.

Later.

Tell me you have your gear! I can come down the weekend of the 10th/11th and we can dodge mosquitoes!

With all the rain latey we will have to ride fast. :p

Lonewolf039

Jun 27, 2004
Sorry, I couldn't bring my bike as I'm down here for some job related training and I flew down. I'm totally going crazy wanting to go riding. I work out of town a lot so I don't get to ride as much as I used to. Just means I have to ride more when I'm home :) I should have about 2 weeks off in the end of June so I am going to do lots of riding.

Later.

teamgrizzly

Nov 25, 1999
Welcome to the board. Check out the Pacific Northwest Motorcycle Association site at http://www.pnwma.com or the Team grizzly Off-Road Motorcycle Club site at http://teamgrizzly.tripod.com (or soon to be http://www.teamgrizzly.ca) for more information on riding up in your area. You can also get a hold of the guys with the Kelowna Dirtbike Club or the Vernon Off-Road Motorcycle Club for more cool info.

Mike Fodor
PNWMA Secretary & Team Grizzly Secretary & Webgeek.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Lonewolf039 said:
... I work out of town a lot so I don't get to ride as much as I used to. ...

Lonewolf:

The next time you find yourself coming to Texas, bring your gear. I have two (oops, now three) bikes.

You need to plan on coming to Texas in the winter. You can go back home sunburned and unable to wipe the smile off your face. :debil:

Top Bottom