fatboyslim

Apr 11, 2006
Just put a new CDI box in and the bike won't start. It's been sitting for a while (gas is probably 4-5 months old) so i took the carb out and cleaned it. Could bad gas cause it not even to start? Any other ideas?

fatboyslim

Apr 11, 2006
Tryed new plug. B/C my bike spittered and spattered with a new tope end, good compression, new clutch, new coil and new stator with good gas. Crb is clean and works fine. It started running like crap a few days after i put my new clutch in. An when i got the bike it wouldn't start when it was cold unless u push started it. Now it starts in one kick but revs to the moon when i am not even touching the throttle. Throttle cable snaps back fine too. Any ideas?

84cr125

Apr 8, 2007
When you cleaned your carb did you happen to mistakely turn some screws/nobs. I'd make sure that all the adjusters are to specification or to what you set them to previously taking apart the carb.

If you had done that check for simple air leaks like the crank seals, the rubber housing where the carb connnects to the cylinder, things like that.

What plug are you using? and what bike?

Top Bottom