yam 3

May 19, 2000
I recently installed a barnett dirt digger clutch pack on a 00 yz250. After it was installed, I noticed I had like an inch of freeplay and a stiffer pull at the lever. No problem stiff springs=stiff pull....adjust freeplay all is well.
1st ride put bike in gear stall....adjust freeplay out so the clutch will disengage....keep going still stalls....adjust more...no stall now but no true freeplay(floppy lever), and I have to pull the clutch in all the way to the bar:eek:

Is there a break in time for a clutch?
I did not forget to put something back in. I think
no clutch noise
Can the freeplay be "stiff" feeling? Meaning that it has some tension on it from springs?
I was of the mindset that freeplay was supposed to be loose.
Any help is appreciated since I have a big ride planned this weekend (of course).

:confused:

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
I ran one of those in my KX250 and had similar problems. My solution was to put it in the trash can and install a white brothers pack. I am still not sure what the deal was but I finally had enough. Good luck.

yam 3

May 19, 2000
Fixed it. Took the plates out and wiped them down. Aparently they had to much oil on the from where I put them in the first time. This is coming from the Barnett guys. Anyway when I put it tigether I installed 3 of the old springs in an alternating fashion. Now the clutch works great, and the leferfreeplay is back to normal.

Top Bottom