punkrawker

Jan 2, 2006
So this june or july im packn up my 01 kdx220 my cousins 01 yz125 and my friends 02 kdx200 and hitting the road :cool: . i live in conencticut and we plan on searching through other states for about a week for camping and riding spots n e where in the area :) . We'll def. be hitting up Mass. as i hear theres lots of riding there at a place called october mountain , and other spots . So i need some help from people in or know of riding spots in Connecticut Mass. New York Pennsylvania or even all the way up towards maine . Thanx wish me luck :ride:

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
Don't bother trying to find a place to trail ride in NY(legally), there are none. Unless you belong to a club with private land or know a dirt bike friendly land owner forget it.
BTW, I may be wrong, but if you want to ride in the state forests of Mass. you will be required to have the bike registered and insured. Sorry for the bad news but I figured it be better than wasting your time trying to find somewhere to ride in the great...........state of New York :|
Maybe try riding some NETRA hare scrambles. There are three in NY.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Sounds like a cool ride. An ATV plate is 40$ for a year in Mass for thier trail system. No insurance required unless something has changed.
I'm gonna move this to the places to ride forum. You should get a better response there. I'll also link it into the Damn Yankee club forum.
You might want to think about joining us at Paragaon AP. We head there every spring for a group ride.

1swarty

Nov 29, 2003
road trip

You may want to try a road trip to Eastern PA, there are about 100 miles of trails, legal camping. It costs 10-15 bucks a day. http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/allegheny/ I went all the way to Beartown State Park in Eastern Mass last year only to find you need a Mass plate to ride there, to accomplish that I would have to title my bike in Mass. and pay sales and personal property tax, no provision for a day pass. Trail pass http://www.trailpass.com/ has a number of pay to ride locations that may be nearer to you. No matter where you go you will need a plate and insurance to ride off your own property. The only exception is if you are on private property and have permission to be there or an organized event where the promotor generally insures all participants. Not sure about the regs in Conn. but in NY and PA you are legal if you are plated from your home state.

Swarty

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I recommend the Paragon ride too. The Allegheny trails kinda suck but that was 6 years ago since i've been on them. Too wide and open and too many rules. I guess since i live 45 minutes from them i cant see paying to ride it when i have just as good of trails at home. They were ok when i had no where else to ride.

punkrawker

Jan 2, 2006
sweet thanx dude ... Hey i also need help cuz i wanna buy all black plastics for my 01 kdx220 but all the major websites only have liek the front fender or the side number plate n e one have n e recomendations to check out cuz denniskirk and rockymountain are sucking right now

Top Bottom