KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
An FMF power core II silencer will be here by next wednesday. My bike will spooge out of where the silencer an dpipe meet, if the blue gasket thing is not on there right. with this silencer, will it help to even out my jetting, or go the other way. BTW, this is a 2003 KDX 200. If it will make the spooging worse (go that way with the jetting), what would you reccomend before new jets?

THANKS!

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
ok, I will, but from stock, what should I start with? what size jets? i still dont really understand them, but I will read CD's site again. what will happen if I dont re jet by the way? Thanks

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
You'll foul plugs, ruin the new silencer packing in your new silencer, probably smoke a little more than necessary, splatter spooge all over your swingarm and really goop up your powervalve (not to mention the horsepower you're losing because of it). I would guess the new silencer would allow more air flow through your engine which would in-turn slightly lean your jetting (as would the airbox mods that seem to be pretty common on the KDX's). But, definitely go through the mentioned site, do a couple plug chops (be sure to do them correctly AND with a new sparkplug each time) and go from there. If you do the plug chops correctly and can post pictures or, at least, describe what they look like in detail, someone on here can direct you a little better and really get your jetting situation moving! We can start you off with some easy clip position changes on your needle and some airscrew adjustments that'll have your KDX singing in no time!

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
As jboomer mentioned.....

When posting jetting questions......don't forget to mention weather conditions,,,oil mixture ratio and any/all mods done to your bike...

Also,,,,when jetting,,,,,find an oil mixing ratio and stick to it. Don't change it as you go.....

Remember that decreasing the oil in the fuel will led to a richer air/fuel mixture.. the opposite when increasing the oil...

Good luck..

Buc

Top Bottom