Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
:thumb:

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Hah! I are the winner! We own all your bases....

Let the finger-pointing and excuses begin!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Yes, shhhhhhhhhh. You can't tell anyone. ;)

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Febuary 14th, 15th and 16th.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Actually, Strick .... I'd vote for whacking this forum (but thank you for the effort, Okie!) and focusing on the Organized Ride forum.

It makes more sense because we have people coming from *everywhere* and it's harder for non-regional types to go find a regional forum.

My $0.02 ...

My reference was a hold-over from a performace-car forum. My bad! (grin)

-- E-Ticket

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I guess this was in a way my fault. I went and opened my trap. You all can whoop me in Febuary..... :yeehaw:

I still think this is the best way to do it. This ride is on its third year and its gonna be huge. I think as the days click by it will be much easier to follow things and respond if we have our own forum. Things like directions to Strick's, storage issues, where everyone is staying, maps to Moonrocks, whos going, entertainment issues, and posts like my "Idaho Riders" post. Im sure that a bunch more of other stuff will come up. It was cool to be apart of the record setting longest post last year and we were certainly on pace to top it this year. But with 40 or so people posting to it on a regular basis multiple times a day it was just to much to keep up with and sort through. Especially if Big Lou waffles as much this year as he did last.. ;)

With all that being said I would argue that there is a better place to put this forum besides where it is now. I think what we need to do is vote on an official name for this thing and petition Okie to get us off page 3b and give us some front page exsposure.

Last edited:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I think this forum is a good thing to have--the Reno ride thread always explodes and it is too hard to find things like who's staying where, who's riding with who, riding places, etc. in a thread that's already 11 pages and Feb is still 4 months away.

However, maybe it could be located at the top of the Organized Rides forum instead of the West forum? Just my .02.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
i heartily agree w/ F-22. A forum is a good thing - let's just put it in the most logical place. - RandyB

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
President's day weekend Feb 14,15,16, 17. Riding at Moonrock in Reno. Awesome desert riding. True desert/sand, washes, ravines, climbs, waterfalls, and lots of fun in the evenings too. Riders of all levels, including kids and especially wives. It is not called the Ladies Valentine's Day Spodefest because of all the Dudes.

Join us!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Strick- If possible please bump my reservation to 2 bikes. I'll be hauling another So Cal members bike up there.

Thanks

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Strick.....

See you in February! - RandyB/SusanP

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Strick.....

See you in February! - RandyB/SusanP

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Other than this Reno Ride area, the Valentine's Ride in the organized ride forum, and looking in the archives here on DRN, you're stuck. It would take a lot of time to go through all of that.

If you have any specific questions ask away. We can handle just about any question.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
fyi.... Even though the forum header says RENO RIDE 2002 it is actually for 2003. Might be a little confusing

Top Bottom