ColoradoRay

Sponsoring Member
Oct 6, 2003
I just joined; started riding mx about a month ago due to my 10 yo wanting mom and I to ride with him. I have been riding streetbikes for 24 years; boy is dirt riding MUCH harder!! Both mom and I now ride; she is on an '04 KX125 and I have an '86CR250R. I hope to learn much in the coming months.
Ray

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Ray: Welcome to DRN and dirtbiking. IMHO it is the finest family sport there is.

We have a number of folks in the Colorado area and there is a discussion in the West Chapters about interest for a local Colorado Chapter.

Also, check out Places To Ride / Organized Rides for other ride opportunities, and Enduro / HS / Woods / Trails for some info and answers about riding the trails. Also, your wife might like to check out the Women's Forum.

Again, welcome and if we can answer any questions, please ask. :thumb:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
What part of Colorado are you from? I grew up in Aurora.

Welcome to DRN :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Originally posted by ColoradoRay
I just joined; started riding mx about a month ago due to my 10 yo wanting mom and I to ride with him. I have been riding streetbikes for 24 years; boy is dirt riding MUCH harder!! Both mom and I now ride; she is on an '04 KX125 and I have an '86CR250R. I hope to learn much in the coming months.
Ray

You came to the right place, Ray, pull up a chair and soak it all in.

Imho

Sponsoring Member
Mar 6, 2002
Originally posted by ColoradoRay
I have been riding streetbikes for 24 years; boy is dirt riding MUCH harder!!
Welcome Ray.

I have noticed it takes about 5 laps to feel the same as if I'd been riding a road bike all day on the track. I also find that changing from hanging off a road bike to staying upright on a dirt bike is quite hard to remember sometimes. What ever you do, don't try to get knee-down in the dirt. :)

Don.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Welcome Colorado :thumb:

Become familiar with the search engine, there is so much great information burried in the archives. When in doubt though just ask, I can always make up a great answer ;)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Welcome to DRN!!! wow, the whole family rides. It would be cool if you asked your wife to join up, pick out a screen name and then post about your rides in the Womens' forum too. (Hint).

This place IS pretty cool. :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by bsmith
When in doubt though just ask, I can always make up a great answer ;)

:| You shouldn't mislead the new members!

Welcome to the finest place on the web!

ColoradoRay

Sponsoring Member
Oct 6, 2003
Kav:
I live between Elizabeth and Aurora; about 10 miles SE of Aurora Resevoir. So, your a Marine! I served for 10 years in the army; was a Ranger for 8 years. Had to get out; I broke my neck in a motorcycle accident and got removed from jump status. Hopefully, I can keep the number of broken bones to a minimum!!
Ray

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Welcome, Ray, I get up that way once in a while for SRAC, or just to ride got buddies in the Denver area. Have you ridden some of the local tracks?
PS this IS the best site on the web for learning or just hanging out! :)

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Welcome aboard ColoradoRay! I live in Castle Rock, not too far from where you're at.

I'd like to re-iterate what Tony Eeds stated about us forming a local riding DRN chapter. No strings, just a support group for fellow CO/NM riders.

Top Bottom