colejo

Dec 29, 2005
Hello! I'm new here and new to dirt bike riding. I'm 31 years old and from North Texas. I just bought a 2006 Honda CRF230F a few days ago. I've never had a dirt bike but had a street bike when I was a kid. I think it was an 80 possibly. Oh and in case your wonder my size to determine why I chose a 230 besides the reason that I haven't rode a bike since I was a kid, I'm 5' 6 1/2" tall and weigh 140 lbs.
My almost 7 year old son has a Suzuki JR50. I'm hoping to find some good places to ride in this area.

Troyboykx125

Sep 11, 2005
well, theres lots of places to ride around here....just depends how far you want to drive. Meunster is a great trail riding park..its about hour and half north just above meunster, TX. theres a few other parks around here, you can do a search on any search engine and find quite a few places. There is also a place close to home off 360 and trinity BLVD in north arlington/euless, but it is technically illegal to ride there....however tons of people still go out there and no one ever seems to care. If you ever wanna go out there with us or need directions just lemme know :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Thanks for setting up your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the North Texas Smack Pack forum for opportunities to hook up with some fellow DRNers. There is always a trail ride ginning up somewhere.

As Troyboykx125 mentioned Muenster is a good place to ride, but not exactly 7 year old friendly. There are some open areas in the second gate that would work, but there is a lot of soft sand on the east end. Be sure and wash your bike upon returning to civilization, as there is a lot of salt in the water up there.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

colejo

Dec 29, 2005
Thanks. Yeah right now until my son is older I'm just going to have him riding on some family land. I live an hour north of Dallas. I've been to the city of Muenster before and it is a bit of a drive but it sounds like it would be a good place to ride.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
So you live in Far North Texas, huh ? ;)

The park is actually near Bulcher, which is actually a bit farther northwest.

Check out the site.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
do you live an hour up 75 or 35? a good begginer friendly place to ride is half way to muenster up 35. its called rocky ridge. the place is smaller but there are hayfields to ride in along with traditional trails. there are lots of "dirt roads" which are perfect for tooling around. up 35, hang a left in sanger on fm 455, follow it a ways until it comes to hwy51, take a right and go 4 or 5 miles, it will be on your left. open only on weekends.

colejo

Dec 29, 2005
I was actually thinking Muenster would be a little longer of a drive but it looks like it will only be about an hour. I drive an hour to work so I wouldn't mind driving an hour to play.

Top Bottom