New Gnarly Pipe & TC 2 silencer Does'nt fit !!

Coopster

May 14, 2001
All,
Just got an GNARLY Pipe and TC II silencer today and went to put it on...The silencer is not even close to lining up !! I ead past post's about this but everyone managed to get it to fit..HOW ??
I'm jones..en bad to go riding. Any help...I have a 99 KDX 200.

:think

MN KDXer

Registered
Jun 7, 1999
The parts will fit, but they end up looking like a "C" minus 8th grade sheet metal shop project. The pipe is not so bad, but the silencer is strange- the ends will not meet like it should, and you will need to be creative with the rubber mounts on the TC2. The good news, is that with Loctite the thing will stay on and work pretty good.

Good luck with it!

Ensign

Oct 13, 1999
This is the first I've heard of these types of problems. Has anyone contacted FMF about this? Sounds kind of ridiculous that their spark arrestor wouldn't fit right on the pipe.
---
Brandon

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
Mine wasn't even close to fitting. The pipe goes on perfect with the stock silencer but the TCII has some severe design flaws. I had to elongate the rear mounting hole and grind a buch off the top of the tab. It wasn't the bolt on project I was expecting. Did yours come with the mounting hardware? Mine was missing it so I had to make my own at the local hardware store. On a later visit to the bike shop I noticed the tcII they had included mounting hardware so I made the guys pull it out of the bag and give it to me. Haven't tried using it though.

Coopster

May 14, 2001
Yeh, I did get the hardware...But even with the hardware I don't see how to make it fit. Is it possible to send me a pic of how you did it ? I'd much appreciate it. I called FMF and they suggested I had the wrong part number. I read it right off the silencer and they told me it "should" fit. They also told me this is the first they have heard of anyone having problems..Bull@#$.:think

Ensign

Oct 13, 1999
Well, I just bought the same pipe and silencer from Traildale1, so I'll let you know how it goes for me. Hope it's not too bad. I probably won't get the parts until early next week.
---
Brandon

dhoward

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 7, 2000
I used about half of the parts in the plastic bag and a few others I had laying around. One would think that FMF would produce a better product for that kind of money.
We should probably have a TCII engineering contest at Dirtweek, don't you think Dave?
:)

Top Bottom