russtbutt

Jan 20, 2007
Hey I'm new to this post. I've got a wife and 4 kids and we ride quite a bit together. My wife needs a better bike and I am planning to give her my '91 Yamaha XT350. She can handle the bike fine. I am looking at a yz426f and wondered what people think of the bike.

Is there a way to sneak that thing on the road? I want a 90% dirt bike, 10% street legal. Can the yz426f be done?

My XT350 is street legal but I barely ride it on pavement. I just want to get from here to there legally, sometimes.

Any help?

Russ - Spokane, Wa

vintxrgr

Jul 31, 2006
hey, welcome to the site. you might want to move your question to the "what bike should i get" fourms might have better luck there.

anyways good to hearfrom ya

russtbutt

Jan 20, 2007
One more qualifier...I'm not that big about 5'9'' and 185 lbs. I'm an experienced dirt rider so power etc doesn't scare me, but the kick starting for a short guy can frustrate. My XT350 is a pain to start sometimes, but I can handle it...breaking a sweat every time. (Probably needs a plug, tune.) What do you guys recommend with that in mind?

Russ

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
What many people do not realize that a bike can be registered under the dual sport classification rather than the motorcycle one. The dual sport classification allows you to run your bike as it is only with insurance and a license plate. You only need lights if you ride during dark.

Top Bottom