BillYZF450

Feb 25, 2022
SoCal
Hi everyone, Bill here. I've wanted to get a dirt bike as long as I can remember. I finally did it and bought a 2021 YZF450r Yamaha! The dealer put a graphics kit on it for free! I was going to buy used but because I have no experience working on bikes, I was afraid I might run into problems that I can't fix. Motocross bikes are expensive! I could have bought a street bike for the same price. Oh well you only live once.

I found a track near me that doesn't look to crazy. Wish me luck tomorrow will be the first time for me. So far I've only ridden my new bike on the street in front of my house! Now if I could just this bike into the bed of my truck. I'm using a ramp but that first step is a doosy. Practice i guess.

I was reading about gear here and it looks like I have more stuff to buy. I got a new helmet when I bought the bike, it's a thor just like I saw in one of the posts. I'll wear my work boots and gloves until I can get some good ones next payday.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

Attachments

• new_bike.jpg
    new_bike.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 89

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Nice bike! That's a lot of power for a starter bike...or are you coming from a street bike? Regardless, if you ride it in a high gear, like 3rd or 4th, it will tame the power and won't get away from you as easily. It will get going from a stop in 3rd gear. You may need to slip the clutch a bit if you are on an incline.

BillYZF450

Feb 25, 2022
SoCal
It's a lot of power for sure. But I've been riding on the street since I was 16 so it's not like I'm a complete noobie. I have a lot of experience with control of my throttle hand. I will take it easy until I'm comfortable!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom