Baphomet31

May 15, 2008
Hey guys, name Aaron and im from nova scotia canada. i currently do not own a dirtbike but i will have one soon and i came here because it looks like a good forum and hopefully i can get to know some more information about the bike i might be buying. i'll be sure to stick around hopefully.

im not a complete newb to forums im an oldie member from a car enthusiast site for near 2 years XD

I want to know whether this is a good buy or not. i could talk the guy down on the price to maybe 600 or lower but it needs some parts. are these bike reliable? parts easy to get? what about fuel consumption?

i would give the link but this stupid spam killer thing wont let me? what gives?

Thanks, hopefully i'll fit in around here

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I think that you have to be a registered used for a while before it will let you post pictures or HTML links. That prevents spammers from creating an account just for the purpose of spam

When asking about what bike to get there is a sub-forum specifically for that: "What Bike Do I Get?" That is the better place to ask about specific bikes or get advice on what might be good for you.

As for an older bike: They can still have a lot of life left in them. Check it over, see how much of it has been "jury rigged" or otherwise repaired improperly. Cheap fixes will often cause bigger problems. Missing parts can be a major problem, especially if you are not sure of what exactly is missing. Without knowing the specifics of the bike I can't tell you if it is a deal or not, but in general I would recommend paying another hundred or two to get a bike that is complete and runs.

Bikes up to around 20 years old can still be viable bikes and parts are reasonably easily available. I own a 1986 Yamaha YZ-125 and I can still buy factory OEM parts for most of the common repair items.

As for fuel consumption, so little it is negligable for most purposes. You will burn 10 times the gas in your truck getting to the riding area than you will in the bike. For me, a 5 gallon can will last longer than I will.......

Rod

Top Bottom