mrbb

Aug 26, 2010
Ok guys I am new on this site!
I have been playing with mx bikes for the last 20+ years.
riding just for fun, never a racer
live in northeast PA, and trail ride.
I had been a very lucky guy for years, had freinds that raced and did all my bikes repairs for cost of parts alone.

but I got out of the bikes for about 7 years, and now looking to get back in!
and now trying to learn how to do all the set up repairs myself.

I just bought a project bike of sorts,
a 2000 Yz 250
it came with some goodies, triple clamps, suspention done by a pro shop, better pegs and levers,
all I need to do is learn how to up keep, and ride all over again!
this winter, i want to do a complete engine rebuild, as the guy I got the bike from didn't know if any thing was done to its insides!

I will be looking for help on this site! sugestions on parts, and in general how to's
so please bear with me!
thanks guys!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Welcome! Where in NE PA are you? You'll have to hook up with us on a trail ride sometime. Keep an eye on the Damn Yankee Dirt Riders section in the places to ride forum.

mrbb

Aug 26, 2010
I am near Drums PA, zip 18222
wouldn't mind meeting up, as all my riding buddys from long ago, all live far away! so i am stuck just trail riding near home in/on old stomping grounds, and soooo many are posted anymore, riding is not as it once was years ago! everyone seems to be on quads as well!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That's a little far from me, I live in Binghamton, NY, but there are a bunch of guys that ride down that way regularly. Check the Damn Yankee forum.

I know what you mean about the quads and the loss of trails :(

Top Bottom