esworp

May 15, 2008
Hello! [taptap] Is this thing on?

Name's Derek. I'm the proud new owner of a 1978 DT250. Before that I owned a REAL power house and ass-kicker: a 1976 Trail-90! I know, bad-ass, right? Someone else thought so, since they stole it off my porch one night recently. :|

I'm not stranger to restoration work, though.. i used to own a 75 MGB and had a great deal of fun with it, for better or worse. I'm hoping that the Yamaha will prove to reward it's owner for restoration as much as the MGB did. Here's to crossing the fingers.

I currently work as a Social Worker, but I've been a working diver for NOAA, an Insurance Fraud Investigator, a DJJ researcher, and lotsa other boring stuff while I was grinding away on my masters. As a side note: MGB's are good cars if you're a diver in the Keys, but really, really suck if you want to follow someone for surveillance. :p

I'm TOTALLY green when it comes to 2-stroke engines, and was referred to this site from ADV rider with the advice that you guys are more knowledgable in that avenue. I like thier vintage forum.. but MAN am i sick of filtering out posts about Airheads. Blah. :p

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Welcome aboard Derek! I hear those old dt's are great bikes. I went to a technical school where the teacher raced an mg. He was about 400lbs. :rotfl: Funny to watch. Have fun with the dt, and learning two-smokers. They're pretty simple. There's alot of really helpful folks around here without all the clowns that feed you a bunch of crap. Enjoy! :cool:

Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
I understand your addiction. I still have my 75 CT-90 and I drove B's for 24 years. I finally kicked the MG habit (there is no such thing as a restored MG, they are always in a state of continuous restoration) but I am still strung out on a partially dissasembled Honda.

Top Bottom