COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
I've missed having my headlight a couple times since I put a new ignition on my bike that doesn't support a lighting coil. When I was up at the battery store the other day I noticed that they have these nice little (about the size of 2 packs of cigarettes side by side) rechargable 6v batteries for about $15. Anybody ever try using something like this? Since I already have the light, I'd like to try it. It should work shouldn't it? If not, why not.

Dragmeistr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 14, 2002
When I take my bike to the dunes and ride at night, I strap a 12V gel cell battery to my front fender and make a bracket to attach my light to my numer plate. Works well enough to ride the dunes at night at average speed. I think I spent around 25 for the battery at a local hobby shop and another 10 for the trickle charger. I put a sand sealed switch on my bracket so that I can turn it off and on when necessary. Has an average of about an hour and a half light time with a 50 watt bulb.

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
I went ahead and got the batteries. Turned out one bike has 12v and the other 6v so I got both. I only have the 12v light at home so its hooked up now and light is bright. I'll see how long that lasts. The 12v battery is larger than I'd like but I still think I can rig a spot for it where it can be removed/installed easily. I'm psyched for a night ride.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom