Unky Mer

Jun 26, 2007
As requested I'm checking in as new to the site. I haven't really poked around here much, but I'm looking forward to it. I've been riding for more than ... well let's just say a long time now. More than 30 years on a dirt bike, starting with a stripped down Honda S90, moving through Hodaka's, the first of the Elsinore's, over to Yamaha when they came out with the monoshock and the list goes on. I even managed to squeeze a Penton into the mix, just for the fun of it, and frustration of having to lug that big old pig around (if you never rode one, you won't understand, if you did, you'll know what I mean). I happen to love my 1990 Suzuki RMX 250, and have no interest in 4-strokes (personal preference, not bias) so I'll stay with it as long as I can keep patching it back together.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Welcome to DRN!

I love 2-S and I own more 4-S then 2-S, but the wife and kids ride them :laugh: Its all good though!

Unky Mer

Jun 26, 2007
The inevitability of 4-strokes

There are days, when the kids and I are bouncing around the trails here, that a 4-stroke, with it's temperment would be nice. Everytime I start thinking that way I find a gnarly hill, with ruts the kids won't go up (wouldn't want them to either) and I can open it up and rip a bit ... and the 4-stroke waits a little longer.

Top Bottom