Scottah

Jun 17, 2006
I'm new to the site and just want to introduce myself. My name is Scott and I am a rising senior at UNC-Charlotte studying civil engineering. I have rode since I was 6, but sold my 2000 yz 125 to enter my freshman year of college.

Things have changed and I live in a house instead of an apartment and have two excellent places to ride now so I am buying a bike as early as this weekend. I am selling a 91 eclipse turbo that I have been fixing up to buy a 2000ish cr or yz 250.

I look forward to having a place I can come to with questions/advice and also have some people to just shoot the breeze about my one true passion in life.

I also forgot to add that I am originally from southern WV and the hatfield and McCoy trail went right through my back yard...literally. In fact, my last name is Hatfield. I noticed that JunkJeeps had posted something about the browning fork lodge, I was raised about five minutes from there. I bought my dog Peppy up in Browning fork. Funny stuff.

Last edited:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Welcome to DRN !
Hope the bike hunt goes well!

AXE_1967

Mar 31, 2006
When you find you a bike check this out. www.robbinsridgemotorsports.com MX track with all the bells and whistles about 45 min from you. Spring & Summer outlaw series in progress now. Series ends in October so theirs still time to get in on the points chase. Tuesday and Thursday practice from 5pm till 10pm, MX races ran on Friday nights under the lights. Practice fee $15.00, Race fee's Pro-$45.00 bucks with 100% pay back, Amateur-$25.00 bucks, Cash classes-$30 bucks with 80% payback, Trophies awarded through 3rd, all 50cc riders get trophies. The website will give you directions and more info.

Scottah

Jun 17, 2006
Figured I would update my post. I just bought a 2003 yz 250 for an excellent price. I plan on hitting up some local tracks in the near future.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
:cool: Have fun!

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
Welcome to the site! I'm an EE from UNCC myself ('97).

Since you are an MX'er you might want to try out Andrews MX Park off Poplar Tent Road, but be advised that the place is really a SX practice park with VERY steep jump faces. You need to know what you are doing to go there; I didn't and I only went one time.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Howdy from the DFW Metromess and welcome to the site :cool:

Duh ... how did I miss this thread ... :bang: Well, Kevin ( aka asst Welcome Wagon ) covered my gaff, in any case. Thanks Kevin :)

Congratulations on your new ride and congratulations on your coming degree. Selling your bike for school tells me you have your priorities on straight and now they start paying off.

Have you completely filled out your info in your CP? Be sure and do so. After that grab a spot on the couch.

You are near some really fine members here on DRN. Pop into the Southern Spodes forum for opportunities to hook up with fellow DRNers. Kick some bootie in there and get some rides going.

Regarding Hatfield and McCoy, don't brag too much or you might get to lead some rides there. It has been on my to do list for a few years now, but at the moment I am focused on the desert SW.

Again, welcome to DRN. We hope you enjoy your stay here and come back often!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Tony Eeds said:
Well, Kevin ( aka asst Welcome Wagon ) covered my gaff, in any case. Thanks Kevin :)

I just like saying hi :cool:

Top Bottom