Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
They're awesome. My dad and I have had down payments on them since last year. We get the top two bikes! :p :yeehaw: Meanwhile I've been riding like crazy so I'm ready to ride one when they get here. :thumb: :p

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
hmm....interesting an 18" rear wheel...must be better in the woods or something. I was expecting for them to take the R model, de-tune it some and put electric start with a headlight. Check out that funky looking muffler end cap :eek: Wonder why they're waiting so long to release it...I'm getting extremely anxious for my crf250r :aj: and can't imagine waiting even longer.

Barbarian

Nov 22, 2001
I like that rear fender. I've always thought traditional enduro fenders were big, heavy, ugly, and don't really add much that's positive.

Stingray

Apr 12, 2003
I agree, I have been wanting this bike for 6 months now. I have a CRF 230F and love it. But I bought it so my wife and I could learn to ride bikes. Well I am ready for the bigger bike NOW!!!! lol As soon as it gets to a shop near me I will go pick one up. I don't do MX tracks, but I do like to ride hard. I think this will be the bike for me....I love the looks and the longer wheel base it has over the XR 250R. My buddy has a XR 250R and it feels to short in the wheel base for me. This new bike has about 2 inches longer wheel base I think. I am no pro, lol just learning to ride, but I like the electric start my 230 has. My buddy has a great time starting his XR. lol I tease him all the time about it. I have mine warmed up before he ever gets his started on cold days. I just hope this new bike is worth the 6 grand I will fork out for it. If not my wife will have me sleeping with the dog!!! Well at least she gets a nice bike also. I think the 230 has been the perfect bike for us both to learn on. It fits her perfect and has good power also. Well good luck to us all who will try the new bike. I look forward to hearing how well it performs for us all.

Artimus

Jul 6, 2003
I wonder how it would compare to the XR400? The power must be similar if not more, less torque but obviously a better suspension.

damon

Sep 29, 1999
for enviroment problem i heard they will make i.e. on the crf as well for offroad in 2006.
no news on crf450x but it maybe a 2005 model

Artimus

Jul 6, 2003
I'd like to try the 250, I've been riding an XR400 this season. I've ridden a CRF450 and thought it was a bit much for trail riding for me. I've also been riding a KTM400exc this fall and thats awesome. I rode it in the woods last week here in Ma and it was really wet with lots of leaves and washouts, it was a handfull. The XR is easier for me in the slimey, rocky crud. Anyway it looks sweet.

Top Bottom