CRipper

Sep 25, 2010
Eh boys, my name is james im from northern ontario canada. Im 19 years old. Ive been riding bikes since i was about 12. Ive always owned a honda and nothng else. I went from a 2004crf230r,1989 cr250, 2000Cr250 and now im riding a 2005 crf450r.

Youll probly be seeing me mostly in the honda threads, i have quite a bit of experience and opinions on them so dont be scared to ask!!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Welcome!

I've got a CRF250 that the valves have stretched on. I've got a machinist friend who said he could take a little off the top of them but he wanted me to tell him how much. How much would be a safe amount and how much should I allow for future stretching?

It runs great other than the hard starting when it is cold.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I have a 00 CR250 that I think the power band is stretched out on, just doesn't seem to have the snap it used to. Any suggestions?

CRipper

Sep 25, 2010
Imma little new on the 4stroke stuff!! but your powerband problem sounds pretty complicated LOL

CRipper

Sep 25, 2010
Ahh not liking this forum to much, everyone is too sarcastic for me!! thanks anyways boys, good ridin!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
CRipper said:
Ahh not liking this forum to much, everyone is too sarcastic for me!! thanks anyways boys, good ridin!

Don't worry James. They're just having fun with you. ;) Call it an initiation for the new guy. :nod:

There is a lot of good information on this site and we have a lot of fun baggin' on each other. You can get your BVD's in a bunch and leave or you can buck-up and stick around and possibly learn something. Your choice.

Oh, and to that Gomer fella. If your valves are stretched that much you will also have to stretch your valve springs to compensate for the longer valve stems. You can buy a handy-dandy spring stretcher at harbor freight. :nener:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Haha, yeah we're just messin' with ya. Go find some thicker skin and hang around a while, this place is a hoot!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Dang it Gomer I told you to just pull the springs and stretch them out like ya' do to a ball point pen spring.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Everyone here has fun especially when a 19 yr old comes in and declares he is the expert without showing any credentials. If you know half as much as you claim you know twice as much as I do and 10% of what Rich Rohrich has forgotten. Stick around you might learn something and maybe pass something usefull along

CRipper

Sep 25, 2010
Again, i dont recall telling anyone i was an expert, i said i have quite a bit of experience with hondas.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I have quite a bit of experience with Honda, KTM, Montesa, Ford, MG, Lawnboy... Do I get a prize?

Top Bottom