SK 250

Sep 19, 2003
Hey all, just found this forum. I just bought a 2003 Honda CR250R, I have always had Yamahas previous (YZ400F, older YZ125), and am not to sure if the Hondas have any tricks, I know my 400 did!! Just thought if anyone wanted to give me there imput, or let me know of anything they have heard. Thanks.

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
The only real trick is getting them jetted properly! Seriously though, awesome bike and if your not anal about jetting (like me) you will love it. You might want to get the PC racing airbox fix (or some other brand) and if you need more lowend get the Boyesen exhaust flange and RAD3 valve. I've had man almost a year now and absolutely love it!

CR69r

Jun 1, 2003
what ever you do, don't buy the PC seal kit. its expensive and its garbage. and you'll also notice that no race teams use them (atleast in my area, and that included all the hondas at the canadian nationals). if it were that important, they'd be using them. just add silicone to the stock set up and don't worry about it. i put a pc pipe and shorty silencer, and later a vforce reed cage. the pipe didn't offer any substantial differences over stock. the vforce made the bike worse! of course there are some major jetting issues to address after installing vforce so whether it makes better power or not i'll tell you after my busted collarbone heals and i rejet. i thought the bike was amazing stock.

Top Bottom