09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
As you are planning your 2010 racing I want to make sure you know that we have a new Team Class structure in our D14 series.

Light Team and Heavy Team are now both open displacment classes (big bikes).

The H class is for advanced "A" riders and the L class is for "B" riders.

I think and hope that we will see really good racing in both classes and the L class shows participation equal to or greater than the H class.

Shameless Plug: My 2009 KTM 200 XCW is still for sale - see DRN bikes for sale section and buy it now! - put something exciting between your legs!

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Does the 200 do nice flying leaps off of piles of brush like the 300?? That would be pretty exciting!

You'll see me and whatever partner I can scrape up from time to time on the H row Fred. Maybe I can get Jimbo to throw a leg over the Yam for an afternoon? What do you say, freewoco?

Either that, or I'll pull over for you nicely from the front row.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
09oneL said:
As you are planning your 2010 racing I want to make sure you know that we have a new Team Class structure in our D14 series.

Light Team and Heavy Team are now both open displacment classes (big bikes).

The H class is for advanced "A" riders and the L class is for "B" riders.

09oneL - school a HS newbie if you will.

Heavy team [H] is for A riders and Light team [L] is for B riders.

OK - so what should my teammate and I do class wise, if we ride a race or two as a team [note - we will not be in points contention].

My teamate is a C enduro rider just starting to cut his teeth on Sunday enduros. And I am the slowest new to the A class enduro rider D14 has ever known and have raced 2 or 3 Harescrambles in the last 2 years.

Your thoughts? Would signing up as Light team be ok?

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
salgeek said:

OK - so what should my teammate and I do class wise, if we ride a race or two as a team [note - we will not be in points contention].

My teamate is a C enduro rider just starting to cut his teeth on Sunday enduros. And I am the slowest new to the A class enduro rider D14 has ever known and have raced 2 or 3 Harescrambles in the last 2 years.

I would sign up light team as you will have easier competition in the class because of the skill level of the class

barkbuster67

Nov 6, 2002
Yes, sign up for the lights team class, that's what Magoo and myself will be doing!!!

salgeek said:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
The new structure is an "Honer" system. No former D14 HS champion can ride the L class and the guideline is if ether partner is competitive with the H riders that team is to ride the H class.

I am pretty sure the H class will be stacked with really fast riders and a few former champions. I am a former champion and I expect to get waxed in the H class. When I am older and really slow I will petition the officers for spot on the L line.

It makes me happy to see a few riders wanting to ride L class as a result of the new structure. I hope it makes for more fun and you will want to race HS more often.

Note that the L class is indeed still a championship points paying class.

Team class is truly a BLAST for me. :cool:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
silver said:
Sounds like "L" class might stand for sand bagger class. :nener:

Silver,

I do not think that will be the case at all. Their are plenty of good "B" riders. You should give it go, unless you are a super fast rider.

"L" class was much more of a sand bagger class before we made this change.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
09oneL said:
Silver,

I do not think that will be the case at all. Their are plenty of good "B" riders. You should give it go, unless you are a super fast rider.

:cool:

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
09oneL said:
Silver,

Hey now

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Shagy100 said:

Shagy,

I was not trying to poke fun at you in any way. After all, I rode the class for the last 2 years.

I wish you luck in the "M" class :cool:

What bike will you be riding?

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
09oneL said:
Shagy,

I was not trying to poke fun at you in any way. After all, I rode the class for the last 2 years.

I wish you luck in the "M" class :cool:

What bike will you be riding?
I know you ment no harm. Im gonna be riding my 2003 Kx 250 as te Misses laid claim to my 125 for pinecone this year. I am not running a full scheduale so im thinkin about trying to qualify to go to lorreta lynns in the C mod class. Figured id change some things up this year

skippy1277

Nov 16, 2009
Tony
You will need to first clear all the jumps out at GB's! HA! Seriuos though, remember that C riders qualifying for Loretta's are Mid pack B riders. If you need some practice pointers hit me up! Always need an exucess to ride.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
skippy1277 said:
Tony
You will need to first clear all the jumps out at GB's! HA! Seriuos though, remember that C riders qualifying for Loretta's are Mid pack B riders. If you need some practice pointers hit me up! Always need an exucess to ride.
I ll take you up on that chris. Now i just gotta get a spot to ride!

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Just for the record......my thumbs up was for Fred's quote "I don't think that will be the case at all.", in response to the sandbagger issue.

I don't think anyone was previously sandbagging in Light team. There weren't any rules prior to now that would justify the assertion.

I hope that both classes have great attendance this year! :cool:

Skippy is in need of an excuse to ride :whoa: ?? So many beers, so little time? :laugh:

Good luck in M class Shaggy. Give me a rev....I'll tuck it over.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Yam7M said:
Just for the record......my thumbs up was for Fred's quote "I don't think that will be the case at all.", in response to the sandbagger issue.

I don't think anyone was previously sandbagging in Light team. There weren't any rules prior to now that would justify the assertion.

I hope that both classes have great attendance this year! :cool:

Skippy is in need of an excuse to ride :whoa: ?? So many beers, so little time? :laugh:

Good luck in M class Shaggy. Give me a rev....I'll tuck it over.
Mark thanks for not throwin me under the bus like fred did. Just Kidding fred. Oh and skippy the only skill i dont need is the i can go party like hell the night before a race and ride awesome the next day

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
It's amazing....

this team class stuff gets so much attention here on DRN. There is hardly any one riding the class's anyway and the ones that do are just a bunch of sissies that can't ride their bike for more than a lap or 2 and need to pull over and rest. :joke: :moon:

maybe these guys should just man up and ride a few enduros so they know what it's like to ride their bike and go through more than one tank of gas all by themselves.

Having a new bike and only 30 hours on it for the whole season, sheesh that's disgraceful. :nod: Might as well keep it, it's brand new.

Real enthusiast ride for 2-3 hours and finish as fresh on the last lap as their first. Yeah, what about these 2-3 hr guys and those classes, you never see anything posted about them because they just show up and ride what ever the brilliant powers that be decide they should, put some letter on their number plate that only makes sense to 3 people and they just ride.

Team this and team that...bla, bla bla bla blaaaaaaa.........

who in their right mind buys a new bike to let some other fool trash the crap out of it? Gee can I be your friend too?

At my age I just am happy I have a place to ride and that I still can so I don't wanna git off my bike until I see a checkered flag or the last out check. Then it's time for a well deserved ice cold beer and bench racing with my friends.

Yeah, that's racing! :cool:

I'll be in the woods this Saturday and at a race next Sunday, Probably Ride the Saturday before the enduro too,sounds like a perfect couple weeks to me.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Fred T said:
this team class stuff gets so much attention here on DRN. There is hardly any one riding the class's anyway and the ones that do are just a bunch of sissies that can't ride their bike for more than a lap or 2 and need to pull over and rest. :joke: :moon:
go tell rod benjamin that and he might have some choice words for you

Top Bottom