djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
Anybody have a new 2004 Husaberg I would like to know if they start. Yes I will post this on the Berg site.org

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
OK THIS IS BORING DOESN'T ANYONE WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE NEW HUSABERGS. IF THEY FIX A COUPLE OF PROBLEMS THESE BIKES WOULD BE GREAT. I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO SELL MY 501 BECAUSE ITS A LOVE HATE THING. WHEN IT RUNS I LOVE IT WHEN IT DOESN'T I HATE IT. JUST MAKE IT START EASY WITH OR WITHOUT THE BUTTON. :think: :eek: :thumb: :thumb:

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
I dunno man, I dont think i would buy one, until someone else does. and so far it doesnt look like anybody has. Im looking at buying an 04 CRF450 but im kinda afraid that it wont be able to compete with my berg. but at least it will run huh?

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
Sorry I lost it, :ugg: cold weather and being inside not riding got to me. I agree dave186 I'll wait till someone else gets one to see if they've fixed any problems with the new carb and electrics.

Norman Foley

Nov 14, 2001
How can you be down? Look at that list of bikes! Put some spikes on your 450 EXC, put some blue and yellow plastic on it! I rode this morning(12F and 12-16" of snow) I hope '04 Husabergs are an improvement, my friend has a '02 fe650. The bike is not a ringing endorsement of the brand. You might want to consider a Husky te.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I saw a couple at the international bike show, both in motard form. Haven't ridden one, but the new quick-access clutch cover is a welcome update! I can't believe it took them this long...

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
I am hearing rumors of 60 minute main brg failures on the new bikes.
Cycle Worlds Jimmy Lewis has the 450 SM bike for testing now.
Be interesting to hear how he likes it.

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
Rumors? :| I'll wait to hear from someone that's got one or see what Jimmy has to say.

Last edited:

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
Thanks SFO :) I went to the .org and read :ugg: . I'm going to call my dealer and see what he says (or if he knows anything :| ). I havn't been on the berg site in awhile, lost some faith. I'd like to get a 450 for MX to replace my fe501e, thought a new berg might be good. :thumb: :thumb:

tuts2u

Feb 12, 2004
djj said:
OK THIS IS BORING DOESN'T ANYONE WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE NEW HUSABERGS. IF THEY FIX A COUPLE OF PROBLEMS THESE BIKES WOULD BE GREAT. I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO SELL MY 501 BECAUSE ITS A LOVE HATE THING. WHEN IT RUNS I LOVE IT WHEN IT DOESN'T I HATE IT. JUST MAKE IT START EASY WITH OR WITHOUT THE BUTTON. :think: :eek: :thumb: :thumb:

djj;
i am fortunate that my husabergs start very well. i have 3 friends who also have h-bergs and they start easily too. i beleive that there is a proper 'drill' to starting these bikes and if you dont do it, or havent found it, then times can be tuff.
what is your starting drill? when do you have problems? do you have a hot start button?
tuts :thumb:

Top Bottom