MRCapps

May 20, 2010
Hey all, my name is Michael and I am new to the site as well as to dirtbikes. I live in southern California and I just purchased a 2000 Suzuki DR-Z400. Right off the bat, I have many questions.

SUSPENSION!? I know how to adjust it, just dont know what is better for riding where. The majority of where I ride is sand. This bike seems to "catch" in the sand and throw me pretty much anywhere it wants. How do I set up the suspension to limit this in the sand? And what about the tire preasure for sand? The guy that sol it to me said 15 in each tire and maybe my susp was way off but that didnts seem to help!

Any advice? Thanks and good to be here!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Nice bike ... I know many people that have really flogged the DRZ and it appears to be generally bullet proof.

Regarding your set up questions, pop into the 4 Stroke Forum, Suspension Forum etc and post them up for help.

Regarding sand ... relax is the best I can offer. I have a DR650 that is my dual sport and it tends to have a mind of it's own in the sand, especially if I am going too slow.

Welcome to DRN :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Also, the SoCal forum would be a great place to meet folks in your area.

Top Bottom