defo26

Apr 23, 2007
Anyone read the article in the Asbury Park press. They want to open more tracks here in Jersey to try and keep people from going onto illegal properties. Some lady is saying it wont work but I believe it will. I mean right now the only tracks are Englishtown and New Jersey Offroad Vehicle park and the njorvp is closing in a few months. There is nowhere for people to ride so they just find random land and ride there. What do you guys think about it?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
The state is too populated and land is too valuable. It's takes real dedication to ride legally in NJ. If you enjoy Hare Scrambles and other forms of racing, there are more options to you as some private trails open for select races and groups.

Plan on riding out of state. There are a number of great places in PA.

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
Hmm, not sure if i'm riding "legally" or not.. but there is a place really, really close to my house. I only have to walk the bike across one road to get to it, and then ride down a vacant road and boom: riding paradise. Its at the end of (location removed to protect all involved). Its a toxic waste dump to the right, but surrounding it are just acres upon acres of trails and a decent track as well. But the best part is the trails.. miles and miles of trails that intertwine and interwine and just seem to go on forever.

But before we found this, we would always ride on vacant land, farms, and construction sites. Some of my friends are dumbasses though and mess it up for the rest of us by riding too close to houses, roosting on lawns, racing cars on the street, or the worst: running if the cops come. Seriously, if a cop ever comes I always just stop and talk to them like a responsible young adult. They either tell me to go home, or keep riding until they get an official complaint. But any time I hear a kid whining he got his bike impounded, its because he decided to run from them.

Last edited by a moderator:

jumpingjoe628

Mar 15, 2005
www.njohva.org if you value your NJ riding privileges. The more that sign up the bigger the voice we will have. And yes there is a proposed plan to get a legal place for us, but the environmentalists are also gathering to stop it all, so visit the site and register.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Tiylu said:
I only have to walk the bike across one road to get to it, and then ride down a vacant road and boom: riding paradise. Its at the end of xxxxx Road in xxxxxxx.

I would suggest not posting detailed info on how to get a local riding spot, you may want to go back and edit your post. As we all know, riding areas in NJ are hard to come by, and when word gets out about one, it quickly becomes popular and overcrowded causing complaints which will get the area shut down. If its not posted as a legal riding area, I can guarantee it isn't, unless you personally know the property owner and have their permission. I have seen a few local areas get shut down due to word getting out, and then getting overly crowded, and eventually the idiots show up who want to race on the roads, and just be stupid getting the area shut down for everyone. We still have a few riding spots in morris county, but thats because we try to keep word from getting out.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Last time I checked, the gas prices, were still cheaper than the fines, and risk of losing your liscense.

BGMRC

Jun 6, 2008
what spots are good in PA...
i know of the lost Trails....gonna hit that soon...
track in evansburg? or somethin??
Any help for a new PA rider....and his wife would be a huge help

Respect and thanks in advance bros!!

BG

May 10, 2007
there are lots of tracks and rausch creek has tracks and trails (though expensive) there is tower city but you have to be a member to ride and i have only gone like twice.

i ride on a lot of private property (my friend's cousin owns a large ammount of land we ride on and the land we own around my house.)

BGMRC

Jun 6, 2008
^^ got it thanx...

simmeth

Jul 18, 2008
Yeah it is pretty *****y that its closing down, I will have to make it out there atleast once before they close. I'm always looking for places to ride, don't have a reliable transport for the bike though, luckily I have a spot close by. I look for people to ride with too so if you're in central Jersey, send me a message.

Top Bottom