CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Just thought I would let you guys/gals know that I start a new job with an Architectural firm next Monday.  They are swamped and I have the OK for as much overtime as I can handle.  That means very little to no DRN for me.  I may be a little slower with my replies to emails or PMs, but I'll still be in touch.  (if anyone cares) :confused:

Oh and Elk...finally got all my transcripts, etc. in.  The KSP application went in the mail today!  Thanks for the help!

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Corey,

Good luck with the new job.

The extra OT can be nice but don't let it take away fro your time with Mandy.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Congrats on the new job Corey. I dont like overtime. Been there done that. 40-45 is plenty for me. Im even partial to those 3 day weekends. HeHe

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Give them 10 hour days until they really like you. Then balance overtime with play time. One day stay 4 hours late and get paid for it next day leave on the nut. Come in early ( 2 hours some days ) and stay 2 hours late. Mix it up and it shows dedication, stay consistant and when they look for cutbacks you will be told 2 to 3 is expected for free, 4 or more we'll pay you for !

Been there done that. Now, Hey it's the end of the day, I've got stuff to do see ya !

Great career you have chosen, don't let it consume you. Become an overtime dependant and it is very hard to break the addiction.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Corey: Congratulations on the new job, but, from one that has been on the boards for 30 years, don't let them wear you out!! Many architectural firms can be sweatshops.

Tony

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Thanks guys.  I'm not going to let them kill me.  They said the overtime was there for the taking, but they're not going to force it on anyone.  They're a super nice group of guys and I'm excited to start working for them.  It's a small business (I'm full time employee #6).  A good friend that used to work at the firm I'm currently employed at, works there now.  He and I will be bringing the firm up to speed with 3D technology.  They need it bad!  We'll be using Architectural Desktop 4.0 with Autocad 2004.  They're loaded with work and so far have been generous.  They took me out to eat Monday night at a new Japanese restaurant.  Nice way to butter up a new employee!

This job is probably only short term, though.  My plans are to become a Kentucky State Trooper.  The owners of the arch. firm say they are going to talk me out of it.  But I don't see that happening.  Being a trooper will be too rewarding.

Last edited:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Well, I guess we'll just have to come down and ride LBL and Linton more often to make up for your absence on DRN :yeehaw:

Best of luck with the new job!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I thought Elk was part of the Internet Sex Crimes unit, and was really just a dirt bike poser trolling for dirty old men...

:)

Top Bottom