josh_smack

Feb 8, 2001
What do you reccomend me doing when i first get my KDX home. How should i brek it in, any tecniques you use. Also how does it compare to a YZ 250 as in peppiness. I have a little pasture i ride in and its hard to ride cause when i give it throttle i spin areound and its sorta hard to turn on the grass?

------------------

Chodeman

Apr 11, 2001
read the manual, it tells you how to break it in. I didn't follow the manual exactly but just rode for about 50 miles on logging roads taking it easy. Its not nearly as peppy as a yz250 but the first time I lugged it up a hill climb I was impressed as hell. I never would have made it up that muddy rock infested hill on a yz.

------------------

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Gease the swingarm, linkage, front steering head bearings. Change the trans oil after break in, clean the air filter and jet the carb -they run rich stock.

------------------
Oh Oh two twenty

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Josh,

Do a search on this forum for break in. There are lots of posts on this subject. Also, get the service manual.

A good set of hand guards couldn't hurt - they will keep you from breaking levers.

------------------
'99 KDX200 (mine)
'01 TT-R125L (Wendy's)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by KelvinKDX:
Josh,

Do a search on this forum for break in. There are lots of posts on this subject. Also, get the service manual.

A good set of hand guards couldn't hurt - they will keep you from breaking levers.

Manual are back ordered.

------------------
Oh Oh two twenty

Top Bottom