striven82

Aug 13, 2008
Hey folks, this seems to be THE place for KDX info. Thanks for the forum.

I just bought a '98 KDX200 from a guy I work with. The bike is in pretty good shape and runs like a frickin bandit. I paid 800 bucks, so I think I got a pretty good deal.

Anywho, I will be keeping the bike in my basement this winter, and I would like to get her all cherried out while I wait for spring again.

I plan on replacing the piston and rings, tires and plastic. Also, I will be replacing, servicing anything that needs it. It will be getting a skid plate too and I'd like to replace the fork boots with a neoprene type.

I'd like to go with a black and green or all black color scheme.

Where can I find black plastics for a 98 kdx200?

I would like to replace the headlight fixture too. I was thinking about one of those large mono baja style lights.

Does anyone know where I can find these parts, especially the black plastics, or if there are interchangable parts, like maybe a kx125 black plastic kit on my 200?

Thanks again folks.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Congratulations on getting the bike, and so cheap.

You may want to service the various swingarm, linkage and steering bearings, plus the forks and shock before you spend too much money on making it look pretty. You may also want to check the wheel bearings, air filter quality, etc. as well.

The stock lighting coil will not run a high-power typical Baja style light. You will need to have the sotck coil rewound by www.rickystator.com or some place similar.

striven82

Aug 13, 2008
Wheel bearings are good, all fluids have been changed, air filter replaced, front coil springs replaced with fredette, has fmf chamber with fmf can. Rear shock is strong and shows little signs of wear.

Top Bottom