mister laugh

Apr 30, 2007
Well i guess i'm the new kid my name is Matt and i just bought myself a 2002 Cr125.

I do have one question though, the bike seems to be spurting a fair amount of out out the exhaust and i've fouled a plug in about 3 mins of riding up and down the alley, i belive its just too much oil in the gas, but wanted an idea of what else it could be. I have no idea what the mixture currently is as i did not mix it. I also wanted to know what i should be mixing it at.

thanks

Matt

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
its probably either the jetting or the mixture youre running. it sounds like your running rich. That means there is TOO MUCH GAS NOT OIL. idk if you already knew that but a lot of people think its the oil.

i dont know what the correct fuel mixture would be but 32:1 is a good average. as for the jetting there is tons of info on this site about it

motofreak0592

Dec 31, 2007
i had that same problem. change youre oil tthen next time it fouls check the oil level. if its low you could have a bad seal. that could cost 400-500 bucks

RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
A new rider on a 2 stroke, plugs will continue to foul unless you keep the rpm's up in the power. bohawg is right. There is probably nothing wrong with the jetting.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
JD_MXRacer said:
its probably either the jetting or the mixture youre running. it sounds like your running rich. That means there is TOO MUCH GAS NOT OIL. idk if you already knew that but a lot of people think its the oil.

i dont know what the correct fuel mixture would be but 32:1 is a good average. as for the jetting there is tons of info on this site about it

:think: Fuel/oil mix all comes through the same jet, last time I checked. It's probably a jetting issue. I go through it all the time with my YZ, elevation, humidity, etc. I keep a range of mains and pilots in my tool kit, move the needle as needed and do what I need to to keep it running clean.

A bad seal is also a possibility, but I would start with the jetting to rule it out. Make sure your air filter is clean as well, that can lead to problems similar to what you are having.

You should also check your float height, just to make sure it isn't flooding your carb.

Last edited:

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
oh so when someone says im running to rich that means i can blow my motor?how do you figure its rich that means its to much gas?are you sure?

Top Bottom