new KTM 200SX standing up in turns, what to do?

Mar 3, 2004
i have a new 200SX and i love it to death. just one problem. it wheelies in turns. whenever i lean it over, rail a berm, it stands up on me and i have to back off the gas, messing up my form and making things very rough. how can i fix this? my friend said i should soften the rear suspension, and this sounds like going in the right direction, i was also thinking of sliding my fork legs up in the tripple clamps (so basically lowering the tripple clamps/steering stem). does this sound right?

elf

Jun 7, 2003
If your new to ktms they dont turn the same way jap bikes do. However once you learn how to ride them they turn fine. I have noticed it takes a more concentrated effort to lay them over in the corners. I have a 03 144, but its the same frame and suspension as your bike. I run about 135mm sag and it works pretty good. You can experment and see what works for you. If you move your forks up your bike will turn better, but you may get some head shake. Also you can try backing off your high speed compression as too much will tend to hold up the rear end. If none of this works try adding more rebound damping to the forks this will help keep the front planted in the corners.

Top Bottom