Randyps

Jan 28, 2004
Just bought a new KDX220.
I test rode a kdx 2 years ago when I bought a xr250. The power was too much for me then. It'd been 16 years since I had been on a bike and needed to start with the Honda. I've loved it but wanted more zip in my Cheerios. Boy do I have it now. "Holy Mackeral Batman!, this thing will fly (out from under you too) if you let it."
I had serious buyer's remorse the first outing. Couldn't predict the power or adjust to the dynamics of the bike. I thought about putting a rag in the air box so I could tame the beast. The problem was I could ride the xr250 totally wide open and jump it to it's limits at the local mx track and didn't want to be forced to learn another bike's habits.

Went back to the MX track last Saturday and had an awesome ride. Was riding with a friend on a '99 EXC250 KTM. He can't touch me. His bike is in mint condition too. We ride at about the same level so he can't use the extra power he has. This bike is great.

I've read lots of the justkdx site and won't be ready for any performance mods until I get totally used to it as is. I don't feel/see the need for suspension work. I'm sure you guys could point out what I'm missing but so far it's too nice to notice anything wrong. Just moving from a 7 year old thumper to this machine is a treat.

I live in Alabama and am looking forward to taking it to Bankhead Nat'l forrest soon. Also am planning a trip to Land between the Lakes in KY. Any one from that area and want to share some riding, camping, etc. advice I'd appreciate it.

Randy

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Randy:

Welcome to the site. Check out Canadian Daves JustKDX. Great bunch of guys hang out there. :thumb:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Welcome, I love my KDX 220 too, don't worry if you don't feel the need to modify it, it's a good bike and can be better/faster when and if you decide that you need it. Also check out the the Just KDX website http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/ Same Canadian Dave but a website instead of a forum, with KDX links and tips ect...

Are you sure the front spring isn't too soft :)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
The KDX is a great bike for the "I use to ride when I was a kid" people coming back into the sport. The nice thing about the KDX is that it is scalable. You can keep it stock for mild, or you can modify it to WILD.

Have fun learning about the wild KDX's on DRN.

Top Bottom