oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
Just getting into dirtbikes. Wanted one ever since I was a kid (nervous mom wouldn't let me have one growing up).
Now I've got two kids of my own and my 3year old son is dirtbike crazy. My daughter doesn't want anything to do with it. My wife got a killer job so I'm lucky enough to be doing the stay at home dad thing with my son. We got a 1970 ct70 and restored it and have been having a blast with it. I've also picked up a 1972 z50 that I've got to rebuild in the next year because my son is getting big quick.
I felt the need for something bigger so I started looking for something cheap that I could rebuild. I ended up with a 87' yz490 :whoa: .
I'm in the process of rebuilding the engine and fixing what needs to be fixed on the bike. I've found a good group of people with a lot of experience with the yz490's and am researching different mod's, upgrades, and tuning tips that will make it a more user friendly bike.

I've been fixing and rebuilding old aircooled vw's for years so I've got a lot of mechanical experience. I also have several years of machining experience so I'm not afraid to modify anything that needs it.
thanks ahead of time for all the questions i'm going to be throwing out!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Howdy from the DFW Metromess and welcome to the site :cool:

Have you completely filled out your info in your CP? Be sure and do so. After that grab a spot on the couch.

Fill us in on the who, what, when, where, and how long, and we will try and hook you up with some fellow members. Check out the Team DRN Mile High Chapter forum for opportunities to hook up with some fellow DRNers.

Have a question? Try search and you might find a plethora of information in the database. If not, post your question and you will likely get some very knowledgeable responses, sprinkled with a bit of humor.

Again, welcome to DRN. We hope you enjoy your stay here and come back often!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Welcome to DRN... can you wife fix my wife up.... :) Stay at home dirt bike dad ... too cool.

Top Bottom