knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
Greetings-

New Father & Son Members here from South Orange County-
My 10 year old rides a Honda CRF 70 and Daddy pokes along on a CRF 450x.

We just got back from Parker Az. and riding the desert. The boy had a ball on hard pack to slightly sandy tracked up hills. Dad got spanked pretty hard riding the various conditions of that the desert offers...2foot deep rock washes, Sand and football size to voltzwagon thing sized volcanic rock....woops that last longer than my numbing claws could .... GREAT STUFF!

I had a blast riding with my brother inlaw and his friend who've both been riding since they were fetus's. "momentum is your friend!...Keep up the RPM's" :blah: I found out how unforgiving a foe gravity truly is. Can't wait to go back! :cool:

Glad to be here!

Ken

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Welcome to DRN, sounds like a good time, except that gravity part :^)

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
Thanks!

My Boy and I watched the Original "ON ANY SUNDAY"-
Last night... Simply the best!

We laughed about the kids on Schwinn stingrays with banana seats and the "ape hanger" handle bars jumping their bikes... I would have been about 8 yrs. when the movie was made-and had a bike (hand me down) that was just like those-

The Old School guys, road all types of bikes and tracks.... Saw alot of "duct-tape" duck bills and face shields- Incredible when you see the "cutting edge" of technology being born in Mert's garage! Mr. Smith was amazing!

I'll quit now, but it was great to see this movie again with my boy...a "Holy moment" if you will.

Ken

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Howdy from the DFW Metromess and welcome to the site :cool:

Have you completely filled out your info in your CP? Be sure and do so. After that grab a spot on the couch.

Fill us in on the who, what, when, where, and how long, and we will try and hook you up with some fellow members. Check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum for opportunities to hook up with some fellow DRNers in your area. Scattered like fleas in the winds, these guys have always got a ride brewing.

Have a question? Try search and you might find a plethora of information in the database. If not, post your question and you will likely get some very knowledgeable responses, sprinkled with a bit of humor.

Again, welcome to DRN. We hope you enjoy your stay here and come back often!

Top Bottom