Racer X

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2004
I posted this above in a thread, because I didn't realize I was supposed to start a new thread. Well, here's the re-post. Sorry.

Hey guys. Great site you have here. I'm logging in from Woodstock, GA. I've just come to the dirt side after hanging up my racing leathers. I've quit roadracing my Ducati due to the need of being there for my wife and kids. We lost a few guys last season, and last weekend at VIR we had another fatality. I'm done, and I'm switching to dirt bikes for my family. I have a '98 KDX200 for myself, and I'm looking for an XR100 for my wife. My kids are a little young for motorcycles, but I have a pink/white pw50 ready to go for our 3 year old, Holly. Jackson, 12 months, will have to wait a couple of years. Anyway, I 'm looking forward to talking with many of you through this board, and learning a bit about off-roading. It's been 20 years since I've owned a dirt bike, so I'm gonna need all the gear and such, and maybe some advice here and there to get me going. I've been to Canadian Dave's KDX site, and it's cool, too.

Peace, and God bless!

Racer X
Jay B.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
hey Brother Jay- welcome! It's always nice to have another Georgia boy on the site. Check out the Southern Spodefest section. It's not very active yet, but getting there.

I also have a little bike for my littlest one, a purpley/pink and white JR50. The bikes would go well together! LOL My almost 7 year old boy rides a KTM65.

We just rode Southern Run in Monroe yesterday, and Durhamtown Plantation Saturday. We also have some private riding areas around here. You are welcome to join us anytime! I usually post upcoming rides on another forum, a Georgia specific one, but I will try to remember to post in Southern Spodefest too.

I hung up my flat track leathers for the same reason you quit RR. Too many guys getting injured or worse in 01, too much risk for me. We have moved on to something bigger and better! Here's a link to tracks and trails across Georgia and SC and East Alabama. http://www.geocities.com/roswelldirtrider/ridingmap

Racer X

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2004
Hey, thanks Joe. Some of my buds have been to Durhamtown and Whissenhunt. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm still trying to convince my wife how much fun we're gonna have. :thumb:

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Welcome in, I grew up in GA, used to race Holiday downs and Whitesburg back in the day. Hey Joe, How far is Durhamtown form south Atlanta, (gonna visit mom in july)

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
I am one hour and a few minutes East of South Atlanta, and Durhamtown is another 45 minutes Northeast of here, so expect about a 2 hour drive. Pretty easy drive though. You may want to checkout MXCC, Bremen and High Falls SX, they are pretty close to S Atlanta.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Top Bottom