3SuperSports

Jan 13, 2004

I rode dirt bikes from around 1980 until probably 1997 or so. There aren't allot of legal places around Kansas City to ride and that was the main reason I got out of it. I have four nephews who are started riding last year. I went out with them a couple times last summer and am looking for a used dirt bike. I probably won't ride allot, but think I would enjoy getting abck into it. Since I sold my last bike (a 1989 ATK 250E) my wife and I have been active in the Camaro Club of Kansas City, doing cruises, shows and plan to do long haul on the 2004 Hot Rod Power Tour. We currently have three first generation Camaros. Your site looks great and I look forward to spending more time here.
BTW, I found out about your site from a winshield banner on the back window of a truck across the street from where I work.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Was it a white truck with the license plate "AVTECH" on it? Did it look like this:

19516dsc002742.jpg

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/attachment.php?s=&postid=713493

That's BigLou's truck!

Last edited:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by 3SuperSports
We currently have three first generation Camaros.

Only 3?? :) My Dad would be jealous. He had a '67 when he was in highschool. Not an SS though. A six-banger with a column shift. :eek:

Welcome to the site! Sell off one of those SS's and I bet you'll have all kinds of play money for a bike or two. :)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I posted that ^ ^ ^

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Welcome to DRN, there's quite a group of DRN guys around KC, get some bikes and let's go play in the dirt!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Did that ATK have a Rotax motor? I was always hoping ATK could be serious competition, but never heard much more from them. (Course, I don't hear well, either!)

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Oct 19, 2003
I had a `92 atk 406,one of the best handling bikes i`ve ever had.It could do circles around any one of your camaros,in the bush!!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome!! It is nice to see our advertising works! :thumb:

3SuperSports

Jan 13, 2004
Yup, I work at Havens. I just came back here after a two year hiatous.
SMIT, there is talk of selling one of the Camaros. I need to do some big projects at home, get a new truck in the near future and of coarse I want to get a bike, but I'm trying not to make that a major thing. I kind of want to do all this without affecting my retirement ;-)
The ATK did have a rotax. I loved that bike. It was light, handled great, ran great and was reliable. I'm not a great rider, so allot of bikes can probably do more than I can squeeze out of them, but it was allot of fun.
So where around this area do you guys ride? Also, I've changed jobs and lost a book mark to a group in Kansas, something like "backroads Kansas". It's a group who rides dual purpose bikes and mainly tries to stay off paved areas. Do any of you belong to that group? I thought about doing that, but those big four strokes aren't as fun to ride. Too heavy.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I'm not a great rider, so allot of bikes can probably do more than I can squeeze out of them

Then you're just like the rest of us on this site. :thumb:

3SuperSports

Jan 13, 2004
but those big four strokes aren't as fun to ride. Too heavy.
Oops, let me clarify that. They mainly ride 650 street legal dual purpose bikes. Four strokes in general are great. I had an XR200R before the ATK.
I didn't mean to offend anybody.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Welcome to DRN! That is sooooo freaking hilarious that out of all the 30,000+ members, you would happen to work across the street from BigLou. He's probably one of our best ambassadors, so maybe he'll give you the scoop on the No Talent Ass Clowns. THATS the KC club you wanta join :)

B

biglou

3SS-A couple of us are planning a ride at Merwin this Sunday. Two of these guys are pretty new. One is on a KLX300, the other a DRZ400E that he just got. Myself and Agent Orange will be there along with these two (DRZ guy sold Al-Agent Orange-his Super Duty).

Give me a call after 9:00 if you can catch me at my desk-245.5829.

B

biglou

It's not looking real good right now. Although, Merwin dries out remarkably well. It was supposed to clear off before now, but I look out and see standing water in the streets. I'll check with Al and post back here later on this evening. I'm jonesin' for a ride though, so I'm gonna lobby the weatherman!

3SuperSports

Jan 13, 2004
I'll check back later. My Nephews sounded pretty excited about going, but if it's cold AND muddy..........probably will change their minds.

I checked out Summit Cycles today. Nice people. I think it's the owners brother, has a late 90's KDX for sale. He's supposed to get in touch with me.
It was tough being around those new Husky's though. Great looking bikes, but I've never known anybody that owned one. Anybody know how they rate?

BTW Lou, I told them (Summit Cycles) that you sent me.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I'll check back later. My Nephews sounded pretty excited about going, but if it's cold AND muddy..........probably will change their minds.

I checked out Summit Cycles today. Nice people. I think it's the owners brother, has a late 90's KDX for sale. He's supposed to get in touch with me.
It was tough being around those new Husky's though. Great looking bikes, but I've never known anybody that owned one. Anybody know how they rate?

BTW Lou, I told them (Summit Cycles) that you sent me.

Check out KTM / Euro Bikes forum for some threads on the new Huskys.

Tell the folks at Summit Cycles to give you a new bike and charge it to BigLou.
Thats the ticket. :yeehaw:

BTW - I just checked the weather .... 67 degrees although we are expecting a low of 42 tonight. :ugg:

B

biglou

Well, such a shame that a beautiful day like today has to go to waste, but our "early Friday" showers turned into a two day marathon. Bummer.

Oh well, SX on ABC, Football on Fox and CBS, and GNCC on Speed should fill the day! :yeehaw:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by biglou
Well, such a shame that a beautiful day like today has to go to waste, but our "early Friday" showers turned into a two day marathon. Bummer.

Oh well, SX on ABC, Football on Fox and CBS, and GNCC on Speed should fill the day! :yeehaw:
I'm with you there. PM me the beta link.

Top Bottom