New Member in NoVA

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
Hi all. I am returning to dirt riding after a 4-year hiatus for college. I currently have a 1995 WXC250 but will be switching to a 2001 CR250R set up for woods.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the DRN East Coast - Spring Ride thread about a ride coming up at the Hatfield & McCoy Trail System in West Virginia.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
Ok, got the profile set up now a little about myself

I am 22. I just graduated college in May. . George Mason University, BS in Econ. Spent a semester in an honors study abroad program at Oxford University. I moved from Fairfax to Stafford this summer, got married Jan 16th :). Worked as an assistaint auto tech while in college, now work as a defense analyst/economist. Live in Stafford about 40 miles south of DC

Now the good stuff. I started riding when I was 11, I bought a YZ80 for $40, it came in three boxes.
Shortly thereafter my family got into riding, we joind some local clubs and rode at least once a month. We typically did two away rides a year (Texas, NC, SC, PA, UT etc). The summer after my junior year in highschool my family spent a month traveling around Utah with a motorhome and a 20ft trailer full of bikes (mx, street and pedal). We spent three weeks riding in the Little Sahara Dunes and a week in the Moab area.

My favorite type of riding so far has been the sandy trails of the Jerico (sp?) Hare and Hound course in UT. Most of my riding is tight woods simply because thats about all there is locally. Also liked the little sahara dunes quite a lot (same general area). Favorite on the east coast is probably the francise marion (sp?) national forrest in SC...again lots of whoops and sand:)
Favorite MX track (that I have ridden) is Budds Creek in MD, though I would really like to ride Mamoth, Unadilla and Glen Hellen. My favorite part of a track is fast sweeping turns. As far as jumps go i like up and down hill doubles (Budds Creek has had both in the past).

I graduated highschool a year early so that I could race the AMA D7 HS series prior to starting college. I finished 3rd overall in the C class (was first untill a mechanical problem resulted in a DNF in the last race of the season). My little sister won the overall womens class the same year. Have also raced several MX races and a VCHSS GP style HS race at Budds Creek (usually B class). Also have done some MTB racing, mostly DH, though I ride XC a good bit too.

I have not raced since the VCHSS Blue Gray in the spring of 2001 (finished 8th 250B i think??) and have only riden once or twice since then. Sold all my bikes (save my Husky and street bikes) to finance studying in Oxford.

I commute to work via street bike (TL1000S or Honda Magna) daily, rain or shine year round. (I do drive if there is a lot of snow or ice though as I dont have studded tires yet).

I also enjoy avaition (flew gliders in Oxford with the University). Can not afford to fly here just yet. I did make it to Oshkosh this summer, [rode over 1100 miles in a day on my TL to get home in time for work].

gotta run, will post more later:)

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Welcome to DRN. It's good to see more people from Va showing up around here :cool:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…