New member to the pumpkin patch!!

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Have a big pitcher of Mountain Dew, count to 10,000, drive home really fast and it'll be all better.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Kiwi! What did you have in your sig line?! :eek: Wait, I don't think I wanna know!

I have to be careful with the caffine intake at work. The last time I had about a 6pack of the Dew and was mowing on a bag of choc covered esspresso beans, I was such a blithering idiot I nearly got fired! ;) Well, my boss did take my candy away from me. :(

Trying to find ways to pass the time without thinking about it. If I do, I'll just go bonkers!

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
It's been a slow transition, but what I am seeing is more and more of the LVDSF riders are now on KTM's :p . Moonrocks seems to have a strange effect (orange) on riders who tread there. Who's next?

Maybe you Kiwi??

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Its Here!

Well I just got back with the new addition about 45 minutes ago - GSR got home about 20 minutes ago and is in Love :) Its a 2000 200 MXC. Scotts stabilizer, FMF pipe and silencer, BRP triple clamps and chain guard, Works connection frame guards, IMS clear tank, shortened one inch, nice hydraulic clutch guard, new rear tire, bought new in Sept 2000 and owned by a 64 yr old gentlemen who took excellenct care of it. Oh... heavier flywheel.... and ..... Rally pro handguards.... and a couple other things I am sure I am leaving out. Sweet ride indeed :)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
GSR- After all your posts I've read, you are one of the last people I expected to go orange! You will not regret it. A stock KTM is much like a modified Rice burner. A modified KTM is Gods' gift to the average trail riding junkie, and can perform multiple tasks- both track & trail! Congrats! ( Good Big Bear bike BTW!):p :cool:

oabike

May 15, 2001
GSR - Congrats on the new ride. You did good. I'm sure your riding will improve 100% with this new bike. You'll like it more if you start training but thats another story. TTR Guy - Your girlfriends bike is hotter than yours...time to upgrade! Lets hookup for a ride in a few weeks, my cast will be off soon and I'm dying to ride. Have fun!

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Gospeed,
Welcome aboard. Much like Firecracker, you will be hooked. Wait till you really ride it. No offense to thr RM, I used to ride that exact model, but the KTM is in another universe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do my 2000 exc200. Did you ride Lori's in Reno? Good luck and have fun. BTW, you guys are ready for Clear Creek now!

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Congrats Aimee on the new ride. :) :)

The way everyone keeps talking about the KTM's, I guess I'll have to check one out. Man, I want a new bike but sometimes I'm such a lazy rider I'm thankful for the ease of the XR. Guess you better update your sig. line to show the new addition.

Last edited:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Aimee, you'll love it. Sounds like it has all the right goodies on it, too! Such a deal! Did you sleep at all last night? :)
That 200 will take you anywhere you want to go.

Jim-- Gospeed took my bike for a spin at the Spodefest last year, as my trip to Reno didn't include a seat for my bike on the plane!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I forgot to mention the works connection skidplate and the FMF seat and graphics. She also got a spare radiator with it but one of the cores and fins are messed up. I'll try to get a pic of it to see if you guys think it can be fixed. Also included 3 liters of premix oil, 1 quart of gear oil, all manuals, spare filer and filter cage, original flywheel and all original guards.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Thanks everyone. :)

Mxbundy, I'm keeping the RM as a spare bike. The restoration project is still in progress and will be for a while as I've gone completely over board on it! :eek: Will post pics of it soon along with the new KTM.

Ktmboy, why would you think I would be the last person to go orange? I will admit though that I have been wanting/looking for a new bike for a long time and I can't believe that KTM just never entered my head until recently. I guess you could say I finally saw the light!

oabike, thanks for pointing that out. :p The same thought dawned on poor TTRGuy last night as he hung his head and said "man, my girlfriend's got a nicer bike than I do!". And just what is so wrong with THAT!! :p
If your cast is going to be off soon, you should think about going on the Big Bear Ride with us in July. See the Places to Ride forum. I'm sure we will make a trip to Divide Peak before then. Will let you know.

Lori, I did eventually sleep but was plagued with dreams of zooming around on my bike. When I woke up, I realized I had to go to work and won't be able to ride it until this weekend! :(

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
radiator

TTRguy:
Mylers in Utah are the bomb in the radiator dept. If you want their info. let me know I have it at home and can e-mail it to you.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yarby!

Uhhh... MMmmmm... uh gee thanks I guess but as you can see I am already spoken for. How about I just call you 'Yarby' and we call it good. Hehehe - You are too kooky man! Hey Strick, I sent you an e-mail about the radiator shop.

Top Bottom