SirShawn

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 21, 2005
Greetings!

My name is Shawn McPherson. I am new to the forums but I was directed here by my freind MWeissen. I started riding at a young age but recently picked it back up again. I bought a 2001 KX250. I love it!!! GO TEAM GREEN! Anyways, I ride the trails mostly and I am starting to get into the whole track bit. I mostly ride out at my unlces though. Some of yall might of heard of him... his name is Robert McPherson. He still races and rides quite often but he used to be a mechanic for Powers. Anyways, he is the care taker of 900+ acres near Cedar Creek, its an old camp ground. Its private property but we are allowed to ride there about twice a month. Although he has some nice tracks... I would like to ride more open trails. Cedar Creek is just too narrow. I like trails that are more wide open. Any suggestions for the area, that I dont have to pack up the tent and food for?

Some of the people I ride with are...
Kevin Silvers
Levi Meyer (my cousin)
Josh McPherson (my brother)
Robert McPherson (my uncle)
and Joel Britton (once in a while)
Ty Bross

If yall might know some of these goons... great! Im looking for some new riders to tag along with if you are willing. Again, Ijust started riding this past year after about 10 years away, so Im picking it back up again, but Im no speed demon. :) Cant want to get to know yall!!!!!!!! :aj:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Welcome to the club. There are lots of from West Mi. I'm in Muskegon. I ride Cedar from time to time. But that is too tight?? Man that is a freeway. Dont ride Holton Horseshoe if you think Cedar is tight..lol

If you need someone to ride with just put up a post here. There is always someone riding somewhere most any weekend.

SirShawn

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 21, 2005
Great! Im always looking to ride with someone but I dont want to ride the trails by myself. My luck will be... that i hit a tree, wreck my bike, break my leg, and be left all alone. :yikes:

I thought it was tight in some places in Cedar Creek. I rode the Manistee trail and I thought that was wider then Cedar Creek. The tight spots in Cedar Creek are usually where I want to lay the bike down on the tight turns... but you cant lean as far due to the trees on the turns or the trail was pretty rutted out when I rode it last (sometime near the start of the summer).

Last edited:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
SirShawn said:
I thought it was tight in some places in Cedar Creek. I rode the Manistee trail and I thought that was wider then Cedar Creek. The tight spots in Cedar Creek are usually where I want to lay the bike down on the tight turns... but you cant lean as far due to the trees on the turns or the trail was pretty rutted out when I rode it last (sometime near the start of the summer).

You learn how to turn in the woods without really laying the bike over. It just takes time. Bigest thing you can work on in the woods is to keep your feet on the pegs at all times. It really helps your ballance and your speed will pick up as a result.

I ride Sat and Sun early usualy. Just let someone here know where and when and someone will usualy show up wherever you want to ride.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Big O maybe? Also check out the CCC mapbook for 'ORV Routes'.

You ain't seen nottin yet. You wanna see tight. Go ride an enduro. :aj:

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
hehee yep im in kzoo but i ride up your way alot, well lots of us ride up that way because the trails are up that way. 3 years ago i did the same thing you are doing right now. i grew up on dirt bikes and had about a 10 year or more now that i think about i think it was 12 years, that i didnt ride dirt bikes, i was still on street bikes but no dirt bikes. infact i got back into dirt bikes on a kawasaki a 96 kx125, but at the time i was 225lbs, and the little 125 was sucking wind, with my lard butt on it, that and i realy wasnt any good either on it lost ll my skillz on it. im still learning the art of jumping again.

anyway was the trail you liked call the little mainistee trail, and did you ride the orv route (about as wide as a 2 track) or did you ride the single track(about 3 to 5 feet wide). if it was the single track you rode and like then there are many trails for you and alot of people to ride with on those trails. if its the orv route that the quads ride and dune buggys and trucks and snowmobiles, then you might have a harder time finding some people to ride that with ya. i myself dont like the wide orv route, due to its 2 way traffic and ive nearly had a head on crash with some guy doing 70 the opposite way whos in a full slide comming right at me. all the single track stuff im game for, and you will find alot of others ready to ride to. infac im sure somebodys riding this weekend.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Wow....My eyes started to cross reading that one Zuki....

I know you put a few periods in there but it still reads like ne looong run-on sentance. Put the Mt Dew bottle down. Step outside and go for a looong walk to burn off some of that excess energy.

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
damn it jim im a sparky not an english proffesser.

i dont drink MT dew. espcially after a old buddy of mine had a hole eaten in his stomach from the amount of mountan dew he drank.

yea ive got to go out and do something today, i know ill hit the gym.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Hey Shawn, good to see ya hear! ya'll he's really geeked on riding! It's kind of funny how I found out. We have a fitness area in our company, and I was in there on the weight lifting machines Tuesday and Shawn was on a machine next to me. He was talking to another fellow dirt biker, but I didn't think it was about bikes. I had my iPod full wack so I didn't hear them. All of a sudden Shawn does the full air-throttle move and pretends to be going over on a jump. I just kind of smiled......then I knew....

Welcome Shaw, get these studded tires on and let's go! Oooops, I still have the tires, don't I?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
"Hay" Mark - rereed that first sentance and tell us how on earth you see someone hearing :rotfl:
I dont usually make fun of typo's but I simply could not resist that one :laugh:
Anyway, WELCOME to THE site SirShawn!! We are really looking forward to riding with you!! Dont let these tree benders scare you off! A few rides with us and you will find your groove - I know I did!! By the way, anyone find my groove - I lost it again....
Oh yea, its ALWAYS nice to see a fellow green rider around, maybe we can start a cabbage club?? :p
I think I have ridden with some of your buddies before!!
Woodsy :ride:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
woodsy said:
"Hay" Mark - rereed that first sentance and tell us how on earth you see someone hearing :rotfl:

Well, you sea, ewe here c watt u sea, and here whut ewe want, write?

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Shawn - By being here, you are now part of the best in trail riding. Riding ability, color of bike and what have you make no difference. What counts is to be out there trying. As time goes by you will see that any ride can be a good one and that it has many facets and ingredients. Just be sure to keep your eye and mind sharp.

Young Ted

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
woodsy said:
Oh yea, its ALWAYS nice to see a fellow green rider around, maybe we can start a cabbage club?? :p

Woodsy :ride:
Now there is a good Idea. But it is fun to ride with other than green bikes as well. However I seem to think there is a problem with the orange bikes, they seem to run out of gas just when your starting to have fun :) :aj: Welcome to the site you will not find a better group of people to hang uot and ride with. Curtis

SirShawn

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 21, 2005
Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! I look forward to riding with yall!!! Yes Mark, I believe you still have the tire... haha! Woodsy, who have you ridden with that I know? BTW, I am very happy to be a green rider... not that the difference in bike brands makes a lot of difference to me right now... because I since I have been back riding... ITS ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT! You know the feeling??? I mean, when you see a scene in a movie like Braveheart, or Narnia where you see all the open plains and open woods with hillls and trails and you start thinking how fun it would be to ride there. I still havent managed to say that to myself but instead I say it out loud and I get this look from me lady ----> :coocoo:

Anyways... catch yall later!!! :aj:

BigTig

Dec 28, 2005
Hey there Shawn!! I thought something looked familiar.....
Great to have you on board!! Too bad it's a couple of days too late.. we just rode last Friday!! What a blast!
These guys are the best! They won't steer you wrong for the most part... unless they see a "passing opertunity"!!
If you haven't figured out who I am yet..... just ask your wife.. ;)
Like I said in the past.. if you want to ride... just say the word!

SirShawn

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 21, 2005
?

Tom or Jim?

Man, I had another dream about riding last night. That makes 4 nights in 2 weeks. Ive never ridden in the snow though and I dont have the means to. I have to wait for the trails to clear up. Is someone planning a ride soon??!??!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
woodsy said:

Yea we can call you the Cabbage Patch Kids :coocoo: :laugh:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
SirShawn said:
Tom or Jim?

Man, I had another dream about riding last night. That makes 4 nights in 2 weeks. Ive never ridden in the snow though and I dont have the means to. I have to wait for the trails to clear up. Is someone planning a ride soon??!??!

All it takes is a few hundred Gold screws / Kold Kutter ice screws. Screw them into the tires and go at it.

Or you can build something like my lattest tire project.

==> Front

==> Rear

Yep I am just a little Mental :coocoo: :boss: :cool:

SirShawn

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 21, 2005
Holy!!! That looks bad!!! :aj: How much time does that take????????
On the rear tire... are you supposed to have bolts on the side knobs as well for tight turning?

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
SirShawn said:
Holy!!! That looks bad!!! :aj: How much time does that take????????
On the rear tire... are you supposed to have bolts on the side knobs as well for tight turning?

Yea the rear is getting 60 more in it. I was gonna just put screws in the side knobs but had a change of heart. I am waiting for more parts to come in.

As for how long to make those. You really dont want to know :think: :)

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Sirshawn, I'm going to the barn now to load the tires in my Trailblazer, you can pick 'em up in the morning. Are you in the 1820 building or back over at 1900? I lost track of the training group.

Watch out for YZMan, he hasn't told you how many MTR guys he's pokered with those bolts :ohmy: :yikes:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
MWEISSEN said:
Watch out for YZMan, he hasn't told you how many MTR guys he's pokered with those bolts :ohmy: :yikes:

None yet.....But there is always a 1st Mark :nener:

SirShawn

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 21, 2005
Mark, Im in the 1820 building. The training room upstairs by the lunch room. :) Thanks Mark!!!!

YZMan... you scare me. :yikes:

Tom, yeah, I figured it was you! When we goin riding? HUH? HUH? HUH?

P.S. Some yalls gotta get a messaging program like AIM or MSN. :nod:

Top Bottom