Mar 12, 2007
Hi all, my name is Adam, and my girlfriend's name is Sara. I've been trail-riding on and off for maybe 2 years, and she's a noob. I have a mid-80's Honda XR250, and am looking to get something cheap for her as a starter bike, also for trails. More importantly though, we're looking for places in the area to ride. The friend I rode with, and the guy who got me started with bikes, had use of a farm with lots of field and woods trails. Unfortunately, another asshat friend of his screwed around, and we all got kicked out :| So, just to have these personal "specs" out there:

Me:
-6'2", ~170lbs
-Reasonably strong, somewhat aggressive
-Plan on riding trails and fields
-Some experience, but not a lot
-NO competition, definitely
-Will almost surely do all maintenance work myself
-I like Hondas, but I'm open to pretty much anything. KTMs have caught my eye lately, but I don't know of any dealers local. Stroke doesn't matter, nor does big power
-There are a good number of Japanese bike dealers around here, so I should be able to get almost anything I need
-I plan on keeping this cheap as possible. <$1000 or so for her bike would be great. Mechanically sound is all I'm looking for, I don't care how ugly it is
-I do NOT live in CA

Her:
-5'6", ~140lbs
-Pretty strong, I see her being pretty darn aggressive after some experience
-Also riding trails and fields, maybe dune-type areas if we can find them
-No experience
-No competition
-I'll be doing her maintenance ;)
-See above for everything else. I'm picking her bike for the most part, as long as she's comfortable on it.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Howdy from the DFW Metromess and welcome to the site :cool:

Great opening post! :cool:

Before you jump off and buy a bike you might want to check out the Bikes for the Ladies thread in the Women's Forum. Ask any questions that you might have and I am sure you will get all the answers that you will want. Some of the finest women in dirtbikes hang out in there daily.

Have a question? Try search and you might find a plethora of information in the database. If not, post your question and you will likely get some very knowledgeable responses, sprinkled with a bit of humor.

Check out the Damn Yankee Dirt Riders forum for some folks in your area.

Again, welcome to DRN. We hope you enjoy your stay here and come back often!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom