Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by Rooster
MetallicA faded to black a long time ago......time to let go...... :p

Mega dittos. They are played out...

Metallica = Generica Rock and Rolla
Metallica = sue happy plantiffs

Don't own a single CD by these guys. Prolly never will.

-jeffd

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
I'm somewhat surprised. This doesn't sound like Metallica. It's got a very raw, garage-band sound. I, for some reason, like it. I really like muddy, dirty guitar tones, too. I don't care if there are no solos. That ringing snare drum...I like it. But I'm not a die hard Metallica fan, and I'm not judging them by what I expect from them.

Don't get me wrong...I love Metallica's old stuff. Load and Re-Load were pretty weak. You're right, this doesn't sound like Metallica, but it IS Metallica, whether you like it or not. They play what they like.

Since when do the guys in Metallica care what people expect of them? After all, isn't Metallica's attitude what drew so many people to them in the first place? That whole "let's play the loudest and most obnoxious music we can" attitude? Well, this IS loud and it IS obnoxious. This is just another act of defiance. Classic Metallica attitude.

Last edited:

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I've heard a couple tracks played on KSJO and I see what you guys mean about the constant snare, cowbell sounding instrument banging away. I would rate it better than other bands on the radio play list for current rock music. As far as Mettalica favorites go, I like the 2 cassete Garage Days release the best. My entire rock, thrash, punk library is from the 80's and I haven't heard anything better since that era.

B

biglou

Originally posted by fremontguy
My entire rock, thrash, punk library is from the 80's and I haven't heard anything better since that era.
Amen to that. I've got a few things from the 90's, mostly bands that carried the torch through the 80's-Anthrax comes to mind. Other than that <scottish voice on> "It's crrrrrap!"

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Our local rock station has something called 'Mandatory Metallica' every day. They play a lot of their more recent stuff. I must say that I'm not as impressed as I used to be. :| I won't change the station, but I won't go out and buy the CDs either.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Its a clear channel thing. They do it hear on FMX (a clearchannel entertainment station).

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Ah, gotcha. No, the channel I was referring to was 99.9, KISW. It's a Seattle rock station.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
I get Mandatory Metallica here in MI, too. I think it's a national show that certain stations will throw on the air.

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002

I agreee with this so much, other than i am a HUGE metallica fan, i thought i'd post it again

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
The new stuff gets more and more week IMO as the band struggles to find itself inspiration and music that will sell. Bob Rock has nothing on Rasputin if you ask me. To me, what Metallica was that made the old stuff great, was POed angary belting out frustrations with society like someone just punching the crap out of someting. The dubble bass drums on Justice sound and feel like a 50 cal machiene gun firing with you behind the trigger.
It seems to me that all the fame and fortune have left noting for them to be inspired by that the fans can identify with, how bad do I feel for Lars that Napster was causing him a mill a year over the 20 he is making? I dont feel bad at all! And likewise I cant identify with the music, let them play what ever they want if they have the heart to put their weak induced produced pop want to be junk on the shelf, Ill never stop listing to the old stuff. The old music was so powerfull and the lyrics were deep, angry, and intellegent, the new stuff is watered down stabbs at what they think will sell. The band has lost is roots and its soul, just come around and play the old stuff in concert and stay out of the studio Metallica, youll get more respect that way :O.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…