70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Looks like there going to be some serious competition @ the old club grounds this year. Nice little bike where'd you get that?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
It was Zach's old bike. We had loaned it to his 7-year old cousin after Z outgrew it, and just got it back over the holiday. The cousin now has the XR-70.

The kids had a ball riding it on the snowy grass. Zach now knows what it's like to ride a "pit" bike. It was winterized for the season, but not any more!

:aj:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Bill were you the one taking pictures of the beaver dam crossing up @ trail fest?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
No, not me. Too busy trying to stay dry. I think that Connie (Young Ted's wife) may have taken some pictures.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Bill, those sure are great pictures! Thanks!

Were those teeth out BEFORE she got on the bike? :laugh:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Smit-Dog
The cousin now has the XR-70.

:aj:

And Zach is riding a............this next season?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Zach's growing like a sea monkey in water, so we're going to wait until spring to have him throw a leg over a few different bikes to see what fits. I'd like to have it last for 2 years.

Short list:

Honda CRF-80
Honda CRF-100
Yamaha TTR-125 / L

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
If it's the XR 100, I'll see you at the mini nationals mister. Might as well just get it, you know you, ...er I mean Zach wants it!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
A race-bred '04 CRF-100 vs the dinosaur engineering of an '02 XR-100.... That'd almost be an unfair race, with each machine representing opposite ends of the performance/technology spectrum.

Well, that is unless you get some bold new '04 graphics.... ;)

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Mackenzie: WAY COOL THERE SWEETHEART!!!! Here are few tips from ol Woodsy;
1. If you can find some pink fenders or maybe even a seat cover to match your jacket you probably will be able to keep the before mentioned MTR "bullies" off your bike - actually, even a pink crossbar pad would work :) .
2. Dont let any of these "bullies" mod out your steed, it is worth more on the open market as an "original" XR!
3. I stated #2 because it wont be long and you will want a bigger, faster bike (thats right Bill, cute little girls who ride cute little XR's grow into WOODS RIPPIN ladys who will kickyour butt!!) and the extra cash always help!!
4. Keep that SMILE on your face and keep riding!!!
Have fun!
Woodsy
Oh, by the way, Kold Kutters work GREAT in those XR's too!!

Top Bottom