Apr 16, 2013
hi there i bought my boy a cr85 and i mixing the gas 32 to 1 and for somereason after i cleaned the jets out it is fouling plugs about every 2 hours i called honda and they said to run ngk 8 which is a hotter plug and that should help the plug is wet and black when i take it out any suggestion would be appreciated thanks

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
There are a lot of things that can cause a plug to foul. Dirty air filter, wrong jets, wrong plug, riding with jetting that is for the wrong tempreture. If your bike is jetted to run in very cold weather, then when it gets hot outside, the bike will run rich. If it is jetted to run in very hot weather, when it gets cold, the bike will run lean. You need to make sure you have a good base line (clean air filter with the right amount of oil, new plug, fresh gas, good jetting) and you can then fine tune for your riding style. If you do slower twisty riding then you need to make sure you have everything jetted correctly for that type of riding. If you do a lot of high speed riding, then you need to make sure your main jet is not too lean.

There are many threads on this site to help guide you. Put the work "spooge" in the search and many things will pop up. One last thing, stick with the 32:1 ratio and don't move from that.

Top Bottom