New No Fear Elektron Pants With a HOLE!!!

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Ugh, brand new pair of 01 No Fear Elektron pants already got a stinking hole in them. Anybody else have problems with the durability with this gear? I've had a pair of Fox 360 pants that have at least 2 years of riding on them, including about 10 or 12 off road races, and I wear this new pair of pants for one dadgum race and there's a hole in the front. It just really disappoints me that they're like that already. Also, the gloves have a tear in them too. First ride with them and they get a tear in the spandex part on the side of the finger from a branch. Maybe I'll go back to Fox or try Moose next time....

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I've always worn MSR (the system6 and X, most currently) and never had any problems with the gear. But, from the way it sounds, your run in with the branch, might have done the same to any other brand of gear. One of things mabey. A hit in the right place :|

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
My son had NOFEar for the last 3 season and the only wear spots were from his knee braces. They seemed to last pretty good.
Just a side note this year he has switched over to GS3 and the quality of stitching and materials is far higher quality. The knees are made for braces and have kevlar inserts to velcro in if you have braces.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I have a set of Sinisalo SCD pants that lasted for 4 years.. One big crash and the right knee tore wide open. I bought a new set of SCD pants, and got a small tear on the knee in the first crash.

The quality of the new pants look to be better than the old ones that lasted four years. I think it's just how you hit 'em. I crashed my brains out countless times in the old pair and they didn't tear.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Maybe that's kinda like my case Cam. I really like the fit and feel of the No Fear pants better, but that just really disappointed me when I noticed that they had a hole in them. I didn't even have a big crash in the race I wore em in. Oh well, stuff happens sometimes.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
I have to say, I have had very good success with my pair of No Fear pants. They are three years old and only a small hole from my brace...although I didn't ride much this year the past two had some serious hours on them. Mine were the early versions (2000) with the kevlar type patch on the inner knee...stuff is REAL tough, but tough on graphics and everything else too :eek:

tiller

Nov 4, 2002
I had a similar problem with a pair of No-Fear pants about 2 years ago. I emailed them the said to send them back. They repaired the pants free and sent me a free T-shirt. Haven't had anymore trouble.

Steve

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Hmm, interesting. Still have a receipt too, but I assume that doesn't matter? Maybe when there's a break from races (they are my purty race pants ya know) I'll send em in. How long did it take to get em back? I sent my crappy tech-6's for a resole and it took like 3 months!

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Ok, I emailed them, thanks for the heads up Steve.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Well thanks Steve, but it didn't matter. The woman didn't seem to care. She said unless it was ripping apart at the seams there was nothing they could do. Guess I'm S.O.L. Maybe I'll buy Moose next time...

Top Bottom